chapter four - Be Our Guest

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"Uninvited guests may force you to take an unplanned trip to an unknown destination."

- Anurag Shourie

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle was led into a slick, white dining room. The complete opposite of the dark and gloomy hallways they were in a second before.

"He'll be here any minute," Théière said, "He was... talking to someone. And he is refreshing himself as we are speaking. Take a seat already, sweetheart."

As the younger female sat down and waited for the male to come with his dark aura that surrounded him, she could hear voices from the other side of the door.

"Impress her with your wittiness," Lueur said.

"But be gentle," the soft elderly woman commented.

"Shower her with compliments," Lueur said, "Girls like that."

"But be sincere," Théière contradicted.

"And above all," they said together and the last part was hard enough for her to hear without having to do much effort, "You must control your temper."

Not long after that, the black door opened to reveal the coal-haired male walking into the room.

"Sorry for making you wait," he grumbled out, "It couldn't wait until after dinner."

Before she could reply, two people -one she recognized as Théière- came in, holding platters of food and setting them onto the white, marble table.

"So much food," Danielle said and gazed up to the man, "You must waste so much of it."

He rolled his eyes and sighed as if she was overlooking something obvious, "The servants eat what's left."

"That's good," the female hummed, "I would find it quite a pity if such food would go to waste."

The dinner passed with a silence blanketing the room. It was only broken by the occasional sound of cutlery touching a plate.

"I'd like to go back," Danielle said, "If you don't mind."

The sapphire-eyed man waved his hand dismissively, but not before he regained his speech, "Thank you for joining me tonight..." A single eyebrow rose, silently asking for her name.

"Danielle," she stated, before standing up.

The man nodded, "Thank you for joining me, Danielle. And before I forget, my name is mister Féroce. William Féroce. Try to remember that."

And with that being said, she retreated back to the room she was assigned to and laid awake on the queen-sized bed, wondering how her father was doing.