Chapter twenty-five - The Enchanter

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"I think I'm going to have to kiss you."

- Jessica Lemmon

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle was woken quite brute because of the sound of shattering glass. She wondered what people had with that sound.

When she felt someone stroke her cheek lovingly, she leaned in, thinking it was William. But it wasn't William. It was someone people called The Enchanter.

She tried to say something but she felt something being place on her mouth and nose. The brown-haired beauty could faintly hear the yells coming from William. Then, darkness engulfed her like an old friend.

When she woke up, she wasn't greeted by the usual ocean blue ceiling, but by a chrome one that polished so much she could see her own reflection staring back at her. It took her a moment -due to her sleepiness- to understand she wasn't in the bedroom where she went to sleep.

"Ah, you're awake," a voice said.

Danielle's head snapped to the left, only to see a silhouette of a man in the dark corner of the room. It was all she could see; dark outlines.

The female immediately knew it wasn't William. His voice was different to begin with. It sounded more warm and inviting; it felt like he could be able to entice her just by his voice. And from what she could make out from his physique, he wasn't ass buff as William. The man did look fit, but he wasn't overbearingly muscular; fast enough to catch her if she made the decision to run.

"Aren't you going to tell me your name?" the man inquired.

"I don't know yours, so no," Danielle just threw back.

She could see through his games. She had known enough players in her life -even dated a couple of them- to recognize one. He was one, she thought, definitely.

"That's true," he hummed, "My name is Hunter. Now it's your turn."

"Danielle."

Her tone was ice cold it could give you a frostbite. Hunter didn't seem to notice -or just didn't mind-, because he asked her another question.

"Are you feeling alright, Danielle?"

The way he said her name felt like he wanted to draw her in. Just to push me back, she thought. She squinted her eyes and tried to see more of the mystery-man that went by the name of Hunter. She couldn't see much and what she did, she didn't like.

When he stepped forward, into the dim light of the room and out of the darkness from the corner, she gasped.

Danielle knew that person.