Chapter thirty-four - The Beauty To His Beast

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not."

- Jodi Picoult

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle was holding her breath after she gave her speech to the hopeless man in front of her. She prayed to whichever higher spirit there was to get her through the thick walls he had set up. William cupped her face too and he gave her a smile. A real one, this time.

"You don't know how good that feels to hear something like that, Elle," he breathed, "I've been in pain for a long time. It made me almost numb. But then you came around and just lifted that up gradually. You are the reason I've first smiled in years. Actually smiled."

"I am glad I did," she touched his curled up lips, "You look more handsome when you do that."

He chuckled at her comment and swiftly dipped down to peck her red lips. Even though it was a mere brush, Danielle could practically feel his smile when she was kissed.

"Then I'll have to do it more often," he commented.

"I'm sorry to ask, William," Danielle said, "But why are you here? It's not that I don't you to be here, but since-"

"I came to get you back, Elle. I was going mad again without you and that's when I realized I couldn't live without you."

"Where is Hunter?" Her voice came out as a whisper and it would have gone unnoticed if it wasn't silent in the room.

"Downstairs." William's answer was short and to the point. He didn't lie about the part but he also didn't want her to go down to take care of the man. The male didn't want her to love that other man as well.

But the dreaded question came, asking if Hunter was alright. William answered it truthfully, saying he didn't know since he didn't bother to check up on him.

Danielle pushed away the male's arms, that were tangled around her body like vines, and got out of the bed she had inhibited, "I need to make sure he's safe, William," she said before she left the room.