chapter seventeen - The Beast

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"She made her home in between the pages of books."

- Maggie Stiefvater

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

William was more determined than ever to get Danielle back. He couldn't bear the thought of an innocent beauty like her to be in the claps of a maleficent creature like Gianna. But the one thing he couldn't live with, was knowing he was so close to have finally found love, only to have it snatched away right under his nose.

Meanwhile, Danielle was waking up from her chloroform-induced sleep. Due to the lingering toxins in her system, her eyesight was fogged.

The room she was in had only one way out, that was calculated into Gianna's plan. She made sure her best men guarded that door.

The midnight black-haired female walked into the room. She was holding a tray of soup with some bread next to it and put it on the table, next to Danielle.

"Sorry for how we had to meet," Gianna said and gave an award winning smile, "William wouldn't have wanted us to meet so I had to take drastic measurements."

Danielle kept her mouth closed. She didn't want to speak, especially to her. Her memories of being taken from her house resurfaced and she chuckled internally at the similarities.

She held out her manicured hand, "My name is Gianna, by the way."

The brown haired beauty glared icily at her hand, long enough until she retracted it, "You know mine already."

"Actually," the girl lied, "I only know you're his sister. I heard some people saying you're Amanda, but I'm not sure if I should believe them."

"And that's why you need to kidnap me?" Danielle asked and raised her eyebrow.

"I know it's an unorthodox way of a first meeting, but as I said, you brother wouldn't have wanted me to meet you," Gianna continued the lie.

"He's not my brother."

"Then what is he to you? I'm sure no one wants to be with him voluntarily if they knew all the things he has done."

This spiked Danielle's interest. She had always been a curious one, making her want to know it, "What exactly did he do?"

"You didn't know?" she said in a high-pitched voice, "No wonder you haven't made it t the door the first chance you got. He killed people. Innocent people like my father and girlfriend."

"H-he... He can't be," the brown haired female muttered, "That's not the William, I know. He wouldn't do that."

"He is called 'The Beast' for a reason, you know," Gianna said in a low voice, "I'm just so sorry for you to discover it this way. And, I'm sorry to ask you this, but I still didn't catch your name."

"Danielle," she said and a stray tear made her way down her face.