Chapter 25: Coffee at 11

Finn's POV:
Today I was so happy. After a year and a half, I finally got y/n to forgive me.
I was not happy with Sadie. She always got mad every time I talked to another girl. It pissed me off. My relationship with Sadie was turning into my relationship with Hayley.

After I got ready I tried to tip toe out of the house, but unfortunately, I awakened the devil.
"Hey Finnie, where you off to?" She groaned in bed.
"I'm leaving Sadie" I muttered.
"Excuse me?" She said with attitude. I turned around and looked in her eyes.
"I'm leaving Sadie, when I get back, I want you and your stuff gone" I said, she quickly jumped out of bad and ran up to me. She grabbed my collar and started shedding tears.
"Sadie get off of me", she didn't.
"Please don't do this Finn, please" she hung onto me for dear life.
I nudged her off and walked away.
"I don't want to see you when I come back" and with that, I walked out the door.

I walked into the coffee shop to see y/n sitting at a table. She looked so beautiful. I lost something to special. I hated myself everyday for it. Some times I even had suicidal thoughts, but than I would never been able to see her again.

"Hey Finn" she said as I greeted her back with a smile. I sat down on the couch across from her.
"I already ordered your drink" y/n said with a smile.
"Caramel Macchiato" we both said at the same time and laughed.

Y/N's POV:
"So what have you been doing for the past year and a half" he asked.
"Well after us, I lived with Jaeden for a little and than I moved in with Sophia and Millie" I replied as I saw a bit of his smile wipe off.
"Wer-were you and Jaeden a thing?" He stuttered.
"No, no, nothing like that, actually after us, I never really got out of the house, I didn't want to be in another relationship" I said as I saw the smile rise upon his face.

"How about you and Sadie" I asked.
"Well it started off as a fling, but she wanted us to be more, but I just broke up with her" he responded. I was really surprised. But actually happy at the same time.
"Wha-why" I acted kind of upset.
"It was turning into a Hayley relationship, I did not want that again" he said as I could see, he looked like he was going to tear up. I felt extremely bad so I grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes.
"I would never let that happen again" I promised.

After our deep conversations, we joked around and reminisced about the past, he hit me with a question I had to answer.
"Hey y/n?"
"yeah?"
"Do you ever still think about me?"
"Finn, how could I not?"
His face lit up.
He grabbed my hand and held it. The warmth of his palm against my hand felt so nice. I hadn't felt it in so long.

"I always think about you y/n, you're on my mind 24/7".
For some reason, I was so happy and relieved.
"I would be lying if I said you weren't on mine 24/7 either".
"D-do you still, I don't know—" I cut him off.
"Still love you?"
He looks up at me and looks directly in my eyes.
"Y-yeah" he stutters.
"Finn, of course I still love you, I could probably never get over you" I said as his face lit up even more.
"I-I feel the same way" he smiles.
"But, we can't get back together" I said. His smile slowly turned into a frown.
"Why not" he asked.

"Because Finn, I risk breaking up with you again. After we broke up, I had constant nightmares and anxiety and my heart was broken in a million pieces, I can't, I'm sorry" I said sincerely.
"But I have changed, I promise. When you saw me at the club yesterday, was I drunk?" He said. I thought about it. No. He was not drunk. But it still doesn't change the fact of what he did. He called me a bitch. Told me what everyone said was true. At the thought of that, I started to tear up.
"Finn I—" he cut me off.
"Just think about it, please" he said looking straight into my eyes.
"I will Finn" I said putting a soft smile as some tears streamed down my face.

"I gotta go but I'll text you" I said, getting up. He got up as well and looked at me.
I looked back at him and pulled him into a long embrace. It felt so good. I missed hugging him so much. I felt like a missing piece was finally found. When we separated from our hug, he gazed into my eyes and started to lean in, I know he wanted to kiss me. I wanted to kiss him to badly back, but alas, I backed away and told him I had to go.
"I'll talk to you later, bye Finn" I said walking out of the coffee shop and waving goodbye.

Once i walked around the block, I stopped and took a deep breath. Tears started to fall down my cheeks. I was so in love with him still. I missed him more than anything in the world.
That's when I heard someone call out my name.
"Y/N?" I wanted it to be Finn but it was a girls voice instead.

I turned around to see, Sadie. She looked very upset. Her eyes were red and puffy like she had been crying for hours.
"Sadie? What are you doing here"
"You fucking bitch, you took Finn away from me". I was in complete shock.
"What the hell, no I didn't" I responded.
"That's why right after he broke up with me, he came to meet with you and I saw you guys hugging and about to kiss" Sadie yelled. I didn't know Finn had broken up with her right before he came to meet with me.
"Sadie, nothing happened, we're just friends" I told her.
"But remember, you're a slut, you'd sleep with any guy for them to love you" after she said that, my anger started to build up.
"I don't remember me being a mirror, Sadie".
She looked up at me. She was furious. Her hand lifted and slapped me across my cheek.
"SADIE WHAT THE FUCK" I heard a male scream. It was Finn.
"FINN, HERE FOR YOUR SLUT RIGHT?" Sadie screamed as I felt my cheek that was in so much pain.
Sadie walked in the other direction when Finn started walking closer to her.

I slid down the wall, crying and my hand on my cheek.
"Y/n, a-are you okay?" He asked worryingly.
I shot up from the wall and looked at Finn.
"I-I'm fine Finn, just go home, I'll text you later" I said, walking away.
Was this going to happen if I got back with Finn? I was just upsetting people. But I wanted Finn back. He was so sincere and I feel like he actually had changed.
I just don't know if I'm ready.