New leadership, part 1

Toby's POV

                 With Monika leaving for two months, that put Sayori in charge of the club. Toby knew she would do a good job, but the Vice President didn't look so confident, maybe a little scared. " Why does she look frightened," Toby thought to himself. " I mean Yuri,Natsuki, and myself respect her?" He shook his head in confusion, it just didn't make any sense. For the rest of the time in the club, everyone just did what they always did. Natsuki was going in to the closet to organize her manga, and Yuri was in the corner of the room with a book in her hands.

        On they way home Sayori, didn't talk to Toby at all. " That's not like her at all, Sayori's always bubbly and full of energy," He couldn't take it anymore, and stepped in front of her, blocking the path. " Sayori what's going on?" He asked. Not wanting to respond Sayori moved her gaze to the ground. He bent over and picked her head up. " Sayori," " Why did Monika have to leave," She whispered, but looked liked she was going to cry. Toby didn't have a response or reason for why she left. " I don't know, maybe something with family?"

        A moment of silence passed between them until the girl said " I don't think I'm ready," "Ready for what?" Sayori stopped speaking again. " I don't think I can fill Monika's shoes I'm nothing like her. She's smart, kind and caring, I'm nothing," He was about to tell her not to think like that, until she said " I deserve to die, I should have died that day, I'm not needed in this world," Sayori cried forming tears in her eyes. " SAYORI, STOP!" Toby yelled causing her to flinch a little bit. He had to do something about this, it was not ok she was feeling this way.

            " You are perfect the way you are, you're much more than Monika will ever be," He started. " Sayori, I need you," once he had said that she had cheered up a little, showing some what of a smile on her face. " If you had died that day, I've would had been hearted broken, because your my sunlight, you make the darkness go away, I love you," Toby had finished what he said , then two other arms wrapped around him sobbing on his shoulder. Then he put his arms on her in response " It's ok Sayori, everything will get better," Toby soothed her.

                " Can, we go home," Sayori asked. " Yes of course we can," As they walked back home, Toby had a wried feeling that someone or something had watch that whole event.