A Mission Alone (Erza Scarlet x Lucy Heartfilia) F

Lucy 

The guild was insane, as always. I was ducking under a table when I noticed the familiar armored legs. "Oh, Erza," I looked up at the tall scarlet, "when did you and Wendy get back from your job?" Erza smiled down at me. "Just a few minutes ago," she held her hand out for me to take, which I did, "what about you and Natsu?" Erza pulled me to my feet, still holding my hand, but I didn't notice. "Just Yesterday." Erza smiled at me. Buh-dum, buh-dum, buh-dum. My heart beat quickly. 'Begone gay thought, be gone. Oh, my god, she's so freaking pretty! Wait, is she holding my hand? Well, you're holding it, too. Shut up, Lucy!' As I had my little meltdown in my brain, I didn't notice the table coming straight for my face. It wasn't until the shadow was covering my face, did I notice it. I yelped. Erza cut the table in half, easily. The people who threw it, Natsu and Gray, no surprise, shivered in fear. "Sorry, Lucy, sorry, Erza!" Then they ran off. I covered my heart, now it was beating 2x the speed because of the table and the fact Erza saved me. "Hey, Lucy," I looked at Erza, "how about we go on a job together? Just the two of us?"

"M-me? What about someone stronger?' Erza's smile formed into a confused frown. "What do you mean? You are strong, you hold your ground and fight with your spirits. Besides, I've worked with everyone else on the team, it's your turn." My heartbeat picked up with each compliment. "T-thank you, Erza. What job should we go with?" Erza released my hand to go to the request board. I missed it. I followed Erza, just in hopes she'd grab my hand again. "How about this? All we have to do is chase off a wolf pack and we get 140,000 jewel." I looked at the request myself, my eyes brightened when I finished. "Let's do it!" Erza smiled. "Let's meet at the train station at...4:00?" I nodded, a bit too excited. "I'll see you then." I ran away, reading for the mission. I passed Natsu and Happy. "Where are you going? Why don't we go on another job?" Natsu asked. His mouth was full of food, as always. "Can't I have a mission with Erza in an hour." Natsu and Happy glanced at each other before making kissy faces. I blushed before I flipped them off, something I wouldn't do naturally. I sprinted away before they could give me crap for it.

I opened my apartment door, packing swiftly. "This may take two, three days so," I threw in five shirts, two bras, three pairs of panties, a skirt, and a pair of jeans. I knew I'd be sticking with my boots for this mission. I packed a small backpack with things like a map, a compass, snacks, and a backup outfit. I checked the clock. "3:53!" I screamed. I grabbed the suitcase and the backpack then sprinted out of my apartment. I can't imagine what Erza would do to me if I was late. Maybe punish me. I blushed. "Not that kind of punishment, Lucy, you perv!" I yelled, still sprinting. When I made it to the train station, it was 4:00 on the dot. I looked around for Erza, she wasn't here yet. "I can't believe I made a big deal about late when she's the late one," I grumbled. I sat down on the bench and waited. When it was 4:15, I saw the scarlet-haired beauty running towards me. 'Beauty. God damn it!' "Sorry I'm late, I decided to lighten my luggage, proved to be harder than I thought." I wanted to be mad, but she looked so sorry about it. So I smiled. "No problem!" Erza and I paid for our tickets and boarded the train. It wasn't a short train ride. Period. When the ride finished, we reluctantly met the client, the mayor, and went to our hotel. "Thank you," I said quietly. Erza and I trudged up the stairs, tired.

"Okay, I'm going to bed right no-" I cut myself off. There was one bed. One. Small. Bed. Erza and I looked at each other then blushed. "Should I go and ask to be moved to a new room?" I asked while looking at the ground. "I'm sure we'll be fine," Erza said nonchalantly. I was kind of disappointed with how comfortable she was with sharing a bed with me. I changed into my pajamas, as well did Erza, and climbed into bed. Erza turned off the lights before she got into bed herself.

My face was super red as Erza tossed and turned in her sleep. I closed my eyes only to feel an arm wrap around me. I blushed, well aware that it's Erza's. Now I couldn't sleep one bit now, even if I tried. Suddenly, Erza's hand rested itself on my breast. My cheeks were beyond red now. 'Calm down, calm down, calm down, calm down. This means nothing, this means nothing, this means nothing!' Erza then started whispering, "Lucy." I finally turned around to face Erza. She was fast asleep. I cupped her face in my hands. I pecked her lips quickly before turning around. "If you wanted a kiss, you should've just said." Erza cooed. I picked up my pillow before hitting Erza with it. She laughed as I did, though. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Lucy, I'm sorry!"

A/n: Chapter is from smol_trash_boii and I's story. Check out their account for a book full of one-shots by them and me. I made this one and asked to put it in here. I was given the permission, obviously