trust & i love you's

lately things have been rocky between zion and you and the only thing that you could put it down to was the lack of trust between the two of you. it wasn't like it was intentional, it just kind of formed over time.

in the past the two of you had trusted each other with everything, the both of you could do whatever the other pleased without having to worry about what the other would think but it's like that's vanished.

last week zion said he was going out with brandon for the day but then later on, you see that brandon was out with charlotte and there was no sign of zion. when you confronted him about it, he called you delusional and that your mind was playing games.

just the other day, he accused you of cheating because your friend, "alex" had texted you. he assumed it was a guy but it turned out that it was your friend who was a girl. a friend that he's also meet before.

you didn't understand what was going on so today, you were going to talk to him about. weather he wanted to or not.

a little while later, zion walked in the door carrying mcdonald's and a small black box. you looked at him confused but he only sighed, placing the food and box on the counter top.

"can we talk?" was all he said and to you, that was a lot because it would usually be you- depending on the situation, to start the talking whenever the two of you would argue or disagree.

you nodded your head and sat at one of the stools, grabbing a cup and bringing the straw to your mouth.

zion hesitantly gave you the box which you accepted with a small smile. pulling the ribbon, you pulled the lid from the box to see inside, rows of white roses. but before you could say anything, zion spoke.

"look, i know that lately we've been having issues with trusting each other but i just wanted to put everything to rest because it's really bringing me down. i don't want this to be our relationship"

you put the cup down and took some time to digest his words. he was trying to apologise and you found that really sweet, especially him going that extra mile to bring you your favourite food and your favourite flower.

"it's been weighing me down too. i don't understand how things ended up like this. when did we stop trusting each other?"

zion walked around towards you making you swivel the stool around. he placed his hands gently on your legs and leaned down so your foreheads were touching.

"i don't know but can we stop? i just want us to be happy again because..." zion paused for a moment and he seemed hesitant to carry on but he did,

"...because i love you"

three words. three little words that to you, had so much meaning and emotion. you hadn't said them to each other because you both wanted to wait until the time seemed right, you'd only been dating for seven months but it felt like an eternity and this moment seemed perfect, with your favourite food, flower and person.

"i love you too" as soon as the words left your mouth, zion eagerly pressed his lips to yours, you wrapped your arms around his neck and gently picked you up, placing you on the countertop so you were somewhat at eye level.

pulling away, to catch your breath you looked at zion and smiled.

"did we just say that?" you asked.

"we did" zion said, as stunned as you were.

the two of you then ate your food, said "i love you" between bites and later on, well we'll keep it pg. 😉

•••

i was thinking if i should go sexual with this one but thought, nope we'll save that for later on.