angel baby

she was the most precious thing in the world and zion had vowed that he'd never let anything happen to her. she was his pride and joy and now part of the reason why he worked so hard.

zion held her in his arms, staring down at her small features. her long, dark lashes that framed her doe eyes to her tiny fingers that managed to break free from the blanket.

the white blanket wrapped around her body made her look like a tiny eskimo and the strands of black hair on her head, zion couldn't help but smooth down with his thumb.

one month. one whole month of being a dad and zion embraced every second of it. he loved his daughter with every fiber in his body and everyone knew that. his parents were so proud of how quickly he had adapted to this new role and the father he had quickly become.

until she had entered the world, zion had never thought that he'd love the smell of baby or even gush over teeny tiny clothes and shoes. he didn't think he'd like a lot of things until he became a father.

he was more excited to become a parent than you and that surprised you.

her eyes began to flutter open to reveal her dark brown eyes. she blinked a few times and let a yawn escape her mouth.

he let his thumb glide over her soft chubby cheeks and stared at her, zion still couldn't believe that this was his child. that half of him was in her. that he helped create this human being.

"my angel baby. daddy will never let anything happen to you"

and all zion could think of was how she was perfect in every way possible

•••

short but sweet.