light it up

this year, zion and yourself had offered to host the  annual christmas party that your friends and family had before everyone left to go back home for the christmas period.

usually it was hosted at the prettymuch house but because zion and yourself had just moved into a new place, thought you could have it as a housewarming/christmas party.

"hi everyone, first off we'd both like to thank you all for coming and secondly this isn't just a christmas/ housewarming party..."

everyone looked confused and small murmurs were heard across the room. zion squeezes your hand and it helped you realise that you weren't alone. zion could see that you were nervous so he decided to take over.

"this isn't an ordinary get together but it's also our gender reveal. we wanted to find out with our closet friends and family and thought why not tonight"

the room erupted into cheers and thought, if this is their reaction now, what would it be when you found out the gender of your baby?

"okay okay so there's lights around the room that you might have noticed weren't lit, we're going to turn them on and if they turn blue it's a boy and pink it's a girl"

the anxiety was building up inside of you. some part of you didn't want to find out because you didn't want to be disappointed if the gender was what you didn't want yet another part said that regardless, you'd find out eventually.

zion handed you one of the cords and he had the other in his hand. everyone began counting down from 5 and all you could focus on was zion.

"3.."

"..2.."

"...1!..."

you plugged the cord into zion's and the room filled with blue lights and at first you were shocked because you were dead set on having a girl but you welcomed the excitement of having a boy with open arms. (i did that on purpose)

zion wrapped his arms around you and lifted you up off the ground.

"we're having a boy" zion whispered in your ear.

everyone in the room seemed to fade away and all that you could focus on was zion. he made things feel like they'd be okay and you were grateful that you got to experience this next part in your life with him.

•••

super short and not the best. also it's been awhile like a VERY LONG time but a girls been busy. i graduated at the start of the month and been super busy with uni applications and exams.

still unsure if i'll continue this because i've just lost motivation :/ maybe the summer will give me some inspo & motivation.