voices

song: let me down by jorja smith ft. stormzy

zion let her voice flow through his body. her unique tone was one he'd never heard before and her rendition of the song made him think that the original wasn't as good.

he knew that she didn't know he was in the room with her and he didn't want to bring it to her attention in fear that she'd stop. so he stood by the door and watched, her back towards him and her fingers pressing each piano key with grace.

sometimes i wouldn't mind if i was less important
would you think about them all the time?
wonder if you'd even notice in the morning?

so where'd you go when you can't get to me?
and you just can't control?

sometimes i wouldn't mind being less important

zion felt truly mesmerised by the way she was able to sing with such emotion in her voice. almost like what she was singing was what she's experienced.

how she was able to command such authority with only her voice and with a song that wasn't necessarily the happiest was one that zion wished to attain.

but still, zion listened.

yeah, i tried, but i just can't give you up
wonder why is it that i'm not good enough?
some kind of hold over me

he never really cared for songs like the ones she sung but because of her, he had found a new appreciation for them. because of her he was able to connect to the words somehow.

after she was done singing, he'd google the lyrics and listen to that song on repeat until the next time.

zion had never seen her face but knew a voice that beautiful would have a face of equal standard, maybe more. and as much as he wanted to meet her, he didn't want to scare her away and for her to stop.

because he liked going, he liked listening to her sing and play the piano.

i've got you to let me down.

she came to an end and for awhile zion stared. he was mesmerised by her and lost in an unknown world but like usually he was still unsure on if he should make his presence known.

so he didn't.

•••
eh this was alright. not my best but still something.