happy place

with zion being in a successful boyband, there was this constant spotlight on him and all aspects of his life. he knew what he signed up for but at the same time, he didn't think that it would have such a big impact on him.

you watched him grow while at the same time fall apart. you were there for him through the good times and the bad. you were there with him to celebrate his successes and comfort & support him though his loses. all in all, you were there for everything.

but the fame took a hard hitting toll on zion's mental health. there was no doubt that he loved preforming and making music but the ugly and negative side of the industry affected him.

over the last few weeks, you watched him deteriorate and you didn't have a clue on what to do. having a baby to care for made things hard too. you didn't want zion to think that you cared more for the baby than you did for him so balancing time for the both of them proved to be difficult.

so you decided to get him out of the house and into a different environment. one where you had hoped would help him destress and hopefully just take a step back from everything.

and that's exactly what you did.

packed your family up for the weekend and left town with no cares in the world all in the name of mental health.

you had found a small little house that was not too far out of town but enough so you didn't feel the unnecessary pressure and stress from city life.

there were paddocks of grass as far as the eye could see. it was quiet and serene. the only sound being the birds and wind blowing through the trees. the air was fresher and stress was no longer an issue.

you wished that you could stay here forever.

"baby, this is one of the best things you could have done for me at the moment"

zion wrapped his arms around your waist from behind and rested his chin on the top of your head while you held your little girl in your arms.

"i just want you to be happy" you relaxed into zion's arms and a part of you wished that this could last forever.

zion watched as the sun set and the sky turned from orange to pink. zion felt content and as if life were normal again. it was a welcoming feeling, one that he had missed.

he was grateful for the life he has. he was grateful to be a dad and he most definitely grateful for you. zion didn't have a clue how he'd be able to stay afloat if you weren't in the picture.

so as he stared down at his daughter, he silently promised that no matter what, he'd always cherish and protect the both of you.

"angel baby you're my happy place. you both are"

liked by mandy_kuwonu_ and 103,027 others

zionkuwonu: you're my happy place

view all 5,389 comments
your@: mamas happy girl 💓
missreine: too cute

...

just a lil something short & sweet.