what's mine isn't yours

the night out you had was one of the best. going out to different clubs and bars, meeting new people and of course the endless amounts of alcohol. you had the time of your life.

you stumbled through the door at around 3 in the morning, a cheeseburger and coke in hand to cure your alcohol induced need for food and hopefully ease the hangover you knew you'd have later on.

the door slammed loudly as you pushed it closed which made you giggle a bit. not longer after, you heard cries followed by the sound of footsteps which could only be zion.

you placed your food onto the coffee table and threw your purse on the couch. zion walked in, your daughter cradled in his arms, small whines coming from her mouth. zion didn't look happy at all though.

"you woke her up" he placed your daughter into the bouncer and turned it on so it would gently rock her.

he turned to look at you, a look of slight anger on his face.

"oh sorry" honestly, you didn't really mean it and zion picked up on that.

he didn't like this new you. he didn't like this side of you, the side that neglects all responsibilities and goes out and does whatever. acting as if you didn't have a child and himself waiting for you at home.

zion thought that you were almost unrecognisable. he felt like he was losing you, the you he had fell in love with.

"i'm going to brandon and char's and i'm taking her with me" zion finally said after a long pause.

it surprised you. it truly did. this was something that you weren't expecting.

like most nights you'd get home, you'd usually eat your food, attempt to take your makeup off, fail and then change into something more comfortable before jumping into bed.

but tonight seemed to be different.

"what? you can't take her away. she's my daughter" you yelled at him. tears threatening to spill from your eyes.

the yelling woke her up again. the air was then filled with cries, yelling and tension.

"well then act like it y/n!" zion snapped.

the cries from your daughter only seemed to get louder and louder. it made not only your head hurt but your heart as well.

"what's that suppose to mean?" you whispered out. zion picked the baby up and cradled her in his arms, soothing her while trying to calm both her and himself down.

"you're hardly here anymore. you go out with your friends almost every night and during the day you're too hungover to do anything. i don't even know who you are anymore"

you watched as zion left the room. something inside you told you not to follow, it'll just make things worse but you decided to push that aside and go against the voice in your head.

so that's what you did. followed zion into your bedroom and watched zion gather things and dressed the baby into a weather appropriate outfit. you watched him put your daughter into the car seat before stuff things into a bag for the baby and a bag for himself.

watching him pack things up made you realise the extent of your actions and what was the effects of that.

zion looked at you, hurt and disappointment in his eyes and that's when you knew you had stuffed up big time.

"just sort your shit out y/n"

and with that, zion and the baby were gone. leaving you to cry in an empty house that didn't really feel like home anymore.

•••

i wanted to do a bit of role reversal in this one because you only ever see men being the slacker when it comes to parenting, which isn't always the case.

also be prepared for regular content for the next few weeks because ya girl is finally finished with internals for the term.

next week's chapter (possibly chapters) will be uploaded earlier like this week because it's my ball next saturday so i'll be busy.