ballet

the excitement from your daughter about her first ballet class hadn't died down ever since zion and yourself had agreed that she was allowed to go.

that's all she talked about.

she had made you call everyone. from her favourites, nick and alexys to even mama porter. she told them everything and showed them all the new outfits that had been brought. with alexys being a dancer and all, your daughter was particularly excited about telling her as she was the one that encouraged her to pursue ballet.

yet unfortunately you weren't able to make it to her first lesson because you had to work and wasn't able to take time off. zion though, reassured you that he'd take lots of photos and videos and that there'd be more lessons that you'd be able to go to.

so the morning of her first lesson, you kissed them both goodbye and went to work.

zion was as excited about this as his daughter was. he helped her change into her outfit and even did her hair, which he was very proud of by the way. and since he wanted to share his excitement, he invited the boys along too.

when they got to the ballet studio, zion was holding her bag filled with everything that you had packed the night before, nick held her hand while austin, brandon and edwin followed behind.

"daddy, you have to take lots of pictures for mummy and aunty lexy" both nick and zion laughed. she was a very demanding child, much like yourself. a reason why everyone called her your twin.

"don't worry baby girl, i will"

when they got inside, she let go of nicks hand and ran straight into the room. not stopping once to say goodbye or anything of the sort to her father or his band mates.

all the boys already had their phones out, taking pictures and uploading it to their instagram stories. their excitement for her to start ballet was too pure.

they sat in a separate room and watched through the one way glass window of all the little kids attempting ballet moves. zion was proud of his little girl, the determination was evident on her face as she tried her hardest to follow the instructions.

"bro look at her go" austin nudged zion's arm.

in a way, she was like the boys child as well. they absolutely adored her and made sure she was always happy. when she was few months old, they all volunteered to babysit her and they did a pretty good job but that's story for another time.

they were there for so much of her life and milestones. her first steps to her first words, austin actually fed her her first solid food and hid it from you for a long time.

when the lesson finished, parents were allowed to go see their kids. zion, along with the others got up and rushed in to see her.

"that was so much fun daddy. i want to do it again and again" her smile never left her face which made zion happy. zion lifted her up, pressing a kiss to her forehead while she wrapped her arms around his neck.

no matter how much she grew up, to zion she'll always be his angel baby.

liked by, elomkuwonu, theaustinporter and 23,785 others

@zionkuwonu: my angel baby's first ballet class

view all 2,401 comments
@missreine: auntie's big girl 😍
@thealexiscruz: dancer in the making

•••

first of all, i live in new zealand so we say mum and not mom so that's i've written mummy and not mommy. second of all, there is no second of all.

if you had a kid with one of the boys, what would you make your kid call the others? i think i'd ask them what they prefer to be called tbh