cool down

weather in la was no joke. the heat during the summer was the worst and trying to keep cool with a baby was a little bit hard. you didn't want to leave the house because that meant packing a lot of stuff and also facing the public.

two things you were keen to avoid.

so when nick and zion arrived with a baby pool you were beyond excited. so much that anyone would think that the pool was for you and not your daughter.

"look at what we got mamas" zion picked up your daughter to show her the baby pool nick was holding. her tiny fingers wrapping around a few of zion's dreads.

she looked at it not fazed one bit but it was understandable, she didn't know what it was and to her it wasn't that exciting. her father's dreads and the hat on his head had her attention.

"baby girl gonna go swimming" you clapped your hands before kissing either of her cheeks. a small laugh escaped her lips as she brought her hands together to copy your actions.

"daddy did good huh?" saying in a baby voice as you grabbed your daughter out of zion's arms. looking over at zion, you saw a slight smirk on his face.

by now, nick had gone outside to set the pool up. leaving your daughter, zion and yourself in the living room.

zion placed his hands on your waist and pulled you towards his body. your daughters fingers making their way towards your mouth but you pulled them away and allowed her to grab onto the necklace that you wore instead.

"does daddy get a reward?" zion said in a smug tone. one hand still placed on your waist while the other smoothed down the curls on your daughters head.

now, your daughter was obviously oblivious to what zion was insinuating but you weren't about to procreate for a second time. the child you had now was enough plus zion was basically a child too. didn't need to add another one to the mix.

zion rested his forehead on yours, his hand slowly making their way down your body but a voice from behind halted his action.

"keep it pg. there's children present"

you pulled away from zion and turned around to see nick standing in the doorway, his shorts and shirt slightly wet.

"her pools filled up. just wanted to let you guys know" nodding your head, you thanked nick before he walked off to who knows where.

"let's get you dressed"

-

the sun beamed down and the little hat you had placed on your daughters head flopped down over her eyes. she tried numerous times to pull the thing off but you placed it back on her head after each successful try.

you had lathered her up, head to toe, in sunblock because you weren't about to have a burnt baby. zion followed behind, a baby towel slung over his shoulder.

placing her in the pool, she was hesitant at first but after you eased her in, she got used to it and started splashing around. nick came outside with pool toys and placed them into the pool, he used the little bucket to pour water on her arms and she splashed back.

"do you like the water mama?" you smoothed her hair with your hand. little droplets ran down her face from the water from your hand and she blinked them away, a smile etched on her face.

you shrieked as cold water hit your back and turned to see zion with the hose and a cheeky grin on his face.

staring at zion in shock you looked over at nick who gladly took over the position of playing in the water with baby.

you grabbed the bucket from nick, filling it with water and hurling it at zion. he tried to dodge it but the water hit his chest, soaking the grey shirt he was wearing.

the water fight lasted awhile until zion pulled you into the pool. you came up for air and looked over to see your daughter now soaked and laughing away with nick.

moments like these were some that you always wanted to remember and that you'd cherish forever.

liked by missreine, brandon_arreaga and 57, 579 others

@zionkuwonu: my lil water baby 🌊

view all 15,215 comments
your@: look at baby girl 😩
mandy_kuwonu_: that smile is so precious ❤️

•••

photo creds: tinygirlgang -instagram