Chapter 16

Namjoon: "Let's play a game."

"Whatttttt?"

Namjoon: "You heard me a game."

I was utterly confused. He brought me here claiming that I will be his bride and now he wants to play.

Namjoon: "Yes Y/N."

"How'd you know what I was thinking?"

Namjoon: "I can read your mind."

"Anyway, what game do you wanna play?"

Namjoon: "Let's play my favorite Predator and Prey," he said with a deep voice.

Shivers ran down my spine, "How do you play that?" I gulped.

He got up and looked at me with a hungry expression.

Namjoon: "I am the predator and you are my prey. I hunt you and you try to escape but if I catch you, I get to bite you."

"Are you serious, you now bit me. I fainted for crying out loud and you want to bite me again?"

Namjoon: "Wait you didn't let me finish. I've hidden a ring somewhere in the mansion. If you get to it before I get to you and put it on it'll protect you from me."

"Sounds fair?"

"I guess."

He disappeared for a while then came up from behind the couch and whispered in my ear. "Run."

I got up and looked back but he was gone. My heart raced. I walked down the hall hearing footsteps echoing in the quiet atmosphere. It creeped me out. I went upstairs and walked down the corridor and stopped in front of a door with a lock. I touched it for the lock to turn to dust.

"Oops."

I opened the door and entered. The room was empty and dull. The only light that filled the room was from the halls that shone through the open door. The door slammed and the room was now pitch black. I panicked and felt the walls for a light switch but coming closer to the corner of the room I felt someone's shirt. I immediately freaked.

"It's Namjoon," I forced out of my mouth. My heart skipped a beat, sweat beaded down from my face onto my neck, what made my anxiety worse was that I didn't find the ring. The ceiling lights flickered before my eyes and I saw someone's face. He had the same blonde hair as Namjoon but he looked different. His skin was pale just like Namjoon's but his lips were crimson red as if it was blood and his eyes glistened blue. He walked closer stretching his hand out and smiling but the lights flickered off and back on again. He was gone. I ran by the door banging with my fists trying to force it open but it was hopeless. I ran to the middle of the room not knowing what to do. The lights came on and I was able to see. I scanned the room and didn't see him but I saw a mannequin dressed in a beautiful white gown laced with hundreds of dazzling diamonds and on her hand was a gold ring with a large red ruby.

"That must be the ring," I thought.

I was about to grab it but the lights went out and back again. I found myself in someone's grip.

???: "I found you."

It was the same mysterious man I saw from before.

I pushed him away and fell on the floor. I crept backward until my back touched the wall. I was cornered and couldn't escape. He knelt down to my level and came closer. A pair of long piercing teeth popped out of his mouth. 

???: "Hello Y/N," he whispered in my ear.

???: "I see your night in shining armor Namjoon isn't here to save you."

"Who are you?" I quivered while speaking

???: "You'll find out soon enough."

He leaned in closer and bit me. I was in pain and groaned a bit but then the pain stop. My eyes were still shut and my body still froze in its position.

He leaned back, "This mark will signify that you belong to me alone."

 I opened my eyes and he was gone.

"Here you go," Namjoon beamed in front of me.

I quickly passed my hand by my neck to feel for bite marks but there were none. I looked at Namjoon in confusion.

Namjoon: "Is everything okay?"

I looked down at my hand and saw a silver patterned ring with a black stone on my index finger.

"Why would you do this aren't you supposed to bite me?" I asked seriously confused and straying of the point.

Namjoon: "I know but my intention wasn't to bite you I just said that to frighten you," he gave me a warm smile.

"Well, it worked you scared the hell out of me."

He got up and stretched out his arm to me. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. I looked at the direction the mannequin was and asked, "What's the dress for?"

He looked at it, "for my bride."

"My mother gifted a dress to each of us..."

I cut him short, "us?"

Namjoon: "My other 6 brothers."

"Oh!"

Namjoon: "She gave it to each of us when we were a lot younger, she said that it would be for our brides," he bowed his head after saying those words.

"Where is your mother now?"

Namjoon: "She died," he said with a sad tone.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to..."

He looked at me and smiled.

Namjoon: "It's not your fault," he said calmly.

"And your brothers?"

Namjoon: "They all moved to different countries with their brides. I stayed here."

"All alone?" I asked.

Namjoon: "Yeah.

I felt really sorry for him. He was just like me no family nor anyone you can turn to. I tried to move off the subject.

"So, what's this ring for?" I asked catching his attention.

Namjoon: "It protects you from vampires such as myself. As long as you are wearing that ring I cannot bite you no matter how much I try. There's something else it only protects you from vampires whom your heart doesn't belong to. If you love a vampire the black stone will shine blood red when you're around him but the ring will not be able to protect you from his bite."

"Okay, thanks for the info."

He looked at his watch.

"It's almost midnight you should go to bed."

"But where am I going," I asked flapping my arms down.

Namjoon: "You're staying here in the same room I brought you to."

"Oh!"

He escorted me to my room.

Namjoon: "Are you sure you're okay you seemed freaked out before?"

"I'm fine I just thought I saw something," I assured him.

Namjoon: "Oh I took the liberty of packing your clothes for you, they're in the draw."

"Thank you."

He left and closed the door. I laid on my new bed gazing at the ceiling thinking of what I now went through.

I felt a stinging pain in my neck. I passed my hand and the bite mark was there. I got up and rushed to the mirror. I pulled down my jersey and there was a purplish color mark on my neck.