Chapter 31

Y/N's POV

I stood by the stairwell fixing my clothes properly for the arrival of Namjoon's family. Then Namjoon called me to his room. I entered to see him seated on his bed wearing his normal home clothes. He looked at me confused furrowing his eyebrows before patting the space next to him. I sat down and he placed his arm around my shoulder. 

Namjoon: "You look beautiful," he blushed.

"Thanks," I replied awkwardly.

"Why aren't you dressed?"

Namjoon: "I was about to ask you the same thing."

I looked at my outfit, a dazzling red dress with a floral pattern. 

"What's wrong?"

Namjoon: "You know it's my brothers right? People you know."

"Well I can't remember them, sadly, and I saw this dress and wanted to wear it so I did." I smiled.

Namjoon: "Suit yourself literally."

He then took out a book from his drawer. I was beautiful but a little old with his initials I guess and someone else's. He opened it and my heart skipped a beat. It was pictures of him and me. I stared at the book as he turned the pages filled with writing and photos.

Namjoon: "These are from the first few years we knew each other."

He reached the end of the book and there was a photo of me. His eyes welled with tears as he closed the book. My eyes were watery too but I tried to hold it back. He leaned in closer. 

Namjoon: "That picture was taken on the day before I lost you. I found you again and will never lose you. You may not be able to remember me or anyone else but I know that you know me and that's what's important."

He got up and headed for the door. 

Namjoon: "I love you Y/N no matter what," he said before closing the door.

When I was sure of his departure I fell on the bed crying. 

I'm so weak and useless I can't even remember the love of my life.

It was then I saw the book on the bed in plain sight. I took it up and did what anyone would do. I opened it and looked at all the years of my life I spent with someone I lost. I arrived at the last picture of which Namjoon said he took before I had my little tragedy. I thought it was the last but there was another page after. I turned to it and a note fell out.