Chapter 18

I bolted into the mansion and darted upstairs leaving bloody foot prints behind. I scurried into my room and slammed the door. I was breathing heavily and my bloody feet messed up the carpet. When I turned around I saw Namjoon standing by the window looking outside. I ran to him and tugged his shirt.

"Namjoon help me please."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug. I looked up and he looked down at me. His eyes weren't red neither blue they were grey. I pushed him trying to get away but his hand held on to my wrist and his grip became tighter by the second. My knees buckled together and I fell on the rough carpet screaming in pain. He laughed maniacally which made my blood boil. Then his hands and legs connected to his body. His now long slender body lengthened and turned black with scales and rolled up on the ground. My hand was free and I rubbed my swollen wrist. A snake's head poked out and a long black tongue stuck out his mouth. He slithered and wrapped himself around me crushing my bones and cutting off my supply of oxygen. My face turned purple like a grape and I gasped for air he opened his huge mouth and I saw two really long sharp fangs. There was nothing I could have done to save myself. I became lightheaded and my head dropped with my eyes slightly opened. He was two inches away from injecting his deadly venom in me through his prolonged teeth but he was pulled away. I laid on my back holding my aching hand groaning from server pain and trying to catch my breath. I forced myself up and saw someone's silhouette stretching the snake's body like a rubber band, he let out an ear bleeding hiss. Then the person spoke with a seriously deep male voice that was familiar.

"What are you doing here Hansung?"

It was Namjoon. Wait Hansung. That thing actually has a name. The snake conformed back into a human but his appearance was different from what I had seen before. His eyes were still grey but that was where the similarities ended. He had short dark blue hair that was tied back with a bandana, a mouth full of piercing teeth, two black hoops on both his almost invisible eyebrows and a tattoo that concealed his neck. Blood flowed down from his arms and shoes dripping on the floor as Namjoon skied him. His fingers dug into the flesh of his neck making his eyes pop.

Namjoon: "Why did you come?"

The man didn't respond he just gripped on to Namjoon's arm trying to force them open.

Namjoon: "ANSWER ME!" He angrily shouted.

"Ugh!! I grow tired of you."

Namjoon dropped him out the window then disappeared. I heard a loud thump when the man fell. I crept towards the window and poked my head to him lying flat on the lawn.

Man's POV

I was now dropped out a window by my once best friend now sworn enemy. I landed flat on the ground, my body was too weak to transform into anything. I retreated but Namjoon got a hold of me again. This time his eyes were red with rage and his fangs flashed at me. My body trembled as I saw his devil-like expression.

"Namjoon brother, what did I ever do to you?" I cried.

He let go of me and I landed on my feet and looked up at his aggrieved expression.

Namjoon: "You are not my brother neither my friend Hansung," he snapped.

His words stabbed me like a knife.

"I didn't know she was yours," I said as tears welled in my eyes.

Namjoon: "YES YOU DID. YOU KNEW SHE BELONGED TO ME AND YOU KILLED HER!" He cried.

"I'm sorry Namjoon I...."

He cut me short.

Namjoon: "It's too late for sorry now."

"What happened to all the times we spent torturing humans together."

"It ended when you killed her."

He walked towards me and I retreated until I felt the rough bark of the tree press against my back. He's going to kill me. I probably deserve it though but he needs to know the truth.

"She lied to you," I said catching his attention.

Namjoon: "What do you mean she lied to me?" He asked pulling back his hand from me.

"She only loved you for power Namjoon," I said breathing heavily.

Namjoon: "What are you talking about?"

"Evelyn knew that you were king and that if she became your bride she will become queen. She never loved you Namjooon. On that day I heard her talking to Dong woo. She was telling him that when she became yours she was going to kill you and give him your place. I couldn't let her do it and when he left I killed her."

Namjoon took some time to process what I had just told him. I couldn't blame the guy he really loved Evelyn. She was his eyeball. They were basically inseparable.

Namjoon: "No it can't be true your lying," he tried to deny.

"You can read my mind, can't you? Tell me if I'm lying," I said hoping I could reach him.

Tears ran from his eyes and he backed off with his hands covering his face.

Namjoon: "It's true it's all true," he sobbed.

He fell on his knees with both hands holding on to his neck then he brought them down and pulled his shirt. I got up and went to comfort him.

I wrapped my arms around him and pulled his head on my neck. He dried his tears and sniffled a bit.

Namjoon: "Stay away from me Hansung. You don't deserve to be near me after what I put you through."

"Aww Namjoon don't say that. I actually deserved it."

Namjoon: " No you don't I've known you for years, you were my only friend and I let my love for a low life consume me," he said sniffling

"No, well you right about the low life part but you're a great friend. I must admit I haven't been a loyal friend either," I added trying to ease his guilt.

I heard a groan coming from upstairs.

Namjoon: "Gasp Y/N."

END