nineteen;

The police sirens echoed through the dark night as Seth and Josephine hurried into one of the many motel rooms they've had in the past three months

The police sirens echoed through the dark night as Seth and Josephine hurried into one of the many motel rooms they've had in the past three months. Josephine quickly shut the door and crouched down next to Seth above the one window in the room. Men from outside yelled at each other in Spanish as Josephine quickly loaded her gun then reached for Seth's and loading his. He ranked it away from her once she did that. She glared at him as he pushed her closer to the ground as lights appeared in the room through the window above them. Noticing that the bags of money the two of them just robbed was in the range of the light, Josephine quickly dragged it towards her as someone rapidly knocked on the door. The two stayed quiet, not even moving an inch before the police moved on down to check other rooms.

"Are they gone?" Josephine asked Seth in a whisper only to get Seth shushing her in return.

She heard cars turn on and then, tires screeching as the police drove away thinking the two robbers went somewhere else down the road.

Seth let out a sigh of relief uncocking his gun. Josephine rolled her eyes at the man standing up from the floor. He always gets paranoid and cranky before, during and after they do a job.

"Josie?" A man called from outside the door. She recognized the voice. It was the night clerk of the motel. They've been at this motel for a while and the man was always trying to talk to Josephine every chance he got.

"Seth, get me a towel!" Josephine whisper-yelled at the man who ran to the bathroom. He tossed the towel to her and she acted quickly, pulling the tank straps off of her shoulders, taking off her shoes and then wrapping the towel around her. It looked convincing seeing you couldn't see the shorts underneath the towel.

"I know you're scared. Just let me know that you're okay," The man outside the door spoke with high concern.

She opened the door a smile on her face as Seth stood against the wall ready to shoot the man. Seth didn't like the man, Josephine didn't understand his dislike. She thought he seemed nice.

"I'm fine. I was just in the shower." She replied to the large, short man.

"I didn't hear the water running and Josie, you're hairs not wet." The man said observing the girl.

"I was blow drying my hair. No need to worry," She offed the man a smile.

"Okay, sorry. I had to make sure you were safe. Girls these days need all the protection they can get. You can never be too careful." He replied nodding.

Josephine kept her smile even though she found that comment creepy, "Don't I know that. Thank you." Josephine was about to shut the door but the man spoke up.

"¿Necesitarás algo más?" The man asked in Spanish. Josephine had to recall the spanish she learned over the past months to figure out what he meant. He was just asking if she needed anything else.