fifty-three;

Kate followed into the mine after her brother

Kate followed into the mine after her brother. Seth and Josephine walked behind the two siblings.

The mine was lit by lights, so seeing wasn't going to be a problem. What was a problem for Josephine was how weak she was feeling. With every step she took, she grew tired like something was sucking the life right out of her.

Josephine had let Kate pass her seeing she wanted to walk by Seth. As she let Kate pass, Josephine's leaned against the wall and her footing slipped. Seth was quick to grab her, "Josephine what is wrong?"

Josephine winced as Seth had grabbed her right where the creature had clawed her. He moved his hand down the arm away from the cut as he looked at it.

"I'm fine," Josephine lied, "I just can't focus to heal anymore."

"Okay, well, let me help you," Seth said softly as he searched through his pockets finding what he had left of gauze. He began rubbing her arm that was still bleeding and swelling up. The scratches wouldn't have been that bad if there wasn't something inside of her trying to fight its way out. Josephine couldn't blame it. The banshee was hurting and being controlled by the Queen Bitch.

Seth let out a deep sigh, "Kate shouldn't even be here. She should be at Prom or something. Dancing with some Jesus freak, singing in a church choir. She shouldn't be here. This is all my fault."

Josephine shook her head looking down the tunnels at Kate and Scott who were talking to themselves quietly. "It's not just on you. It's on me too. You can't blame yourself, Seth. That's your problem. You act like you don't care, but the truth is you care too much. You blame yourself for every little thing even when you're not the only one at fault. You had a gun pointed right at her and you didn't pull the trigger. If you pulled that trigger, it would have ended everything."

"I've done some very messed up things in my life. I'll be the first to admit that." Seth said.

"You could've killed her. Maybe you should have. Maybe she thinks you should have. But this is not your fault. This is our fault. And she's probably going to hate your guts, but you did the right thing. You didn't shoot her. I wouldn't have shot her either. Once we get out of here - alive - I'm going to make sure Freddie sets up an okay life for her. He'll make her a new ID, put her in a new school and she can be normal again. And as for us," Josephine put her arms around Seth seeing he was done patching up her arm, "We're going to have our wedding, and then we're going to find our paradise. You, Richard and me. All of this is gonna be behind us."

Josephine grunted softly as the whispers grew even louder and it felt like her brain and all her bones were being crushed. Seth looked at the girl in concerned as she forced a smile. "But right now we need to focus killing this bitch before she kills me. She has a hold on this banshee. I can feel Amaru getting to her. The banshee wants her dead as much as I do. She knows how to kill her Seth."

"How?" Seth asked frowning his brows.

"Kate's gonna need to distract her. And while Kate has Amaru's attention, I need to do something. When I walk through that gate,-"