thirty;

Josephine looked over at the man who was next to her, eyes focused on the dark road ahead of him

"Seth," She called to the man softly. He hummed at her to continue, "When I attacked Richie, Eddie grabbed me. And when he grabbed me, I felt something."

She watched his eyes soften as he stared out the windshield and continued, "It was this horrible pain in my chest and I was coughing blood and everything. Eddie touched me and I felt him die. I felt it, Seth, and I couldn't stop it."

"Josie, you didn't know he was going to run out there. You saved him from a bullet. You tried and that's what matters. Him dying is not your fault." Seth said.

Josephine didn't say anything, she didn't believe him. The girl felt Eddie die before it all happen. Eddie touched her and the Banshee kicked in telling her that someone was going to get hurt. It let her know to stop Eddie from dying yet, the man was lying six feet underground in a wooden coffin.

Seth noticed the girl was still upset and pulled the car over to the side of the road. Josephine looked up at the man confused on why he stopped the car. "I would hear your late talks with him and even the morning talks. I didn't hear a lot of it but I heard laughs and jokes being told. I saw the man eagerly wake up early in the morning before you were awake and prepare coffee for the two of you or prepare tea for you when you would come home. I brought Vanessa home to him and he never once did that. I thought he liked Sonja but he didn't make her hot drinks like he did with you. He liked you, Josie. He really did. He even called me a dumbass-" Seth stopped talking.

Josephine frowned, "Why'd he call you a dumbass?"

Seth smiled to himself shaking his head, looking out the window, "Because I brought home a girl like Sonja when there was a girl like you."

Josephine looked down at her lap, a small smile painted on her lips. That man was on her side the moment she stepped through the door with Richie and until the moment she promised him she'd never leave the Gecko's sides. Josephine looked back at the man who was still looking out the window, "Would you agree with that?" Josephine's elbows leaned on the center console as she inched her fingers closer to the man. Her fingertips laced the man's jawline causing him to look at her. He was taken aback at how close she was but he enjoyed staring into her bright, blue eyes that were glistening in the moon above them. Her hand rested on his chin as her thumb pulled gently at his bottom lip. She looked up into his hungry, brown eyes before leaning in even more. Their nose touched side by side as they stared into each other.

"Damn right, I would." Seth said impatiently. Not wanting to wait any longer, Seth closed the space between them by crashing his lips onto hers.

She kissed him back without hesitation, her hands moving to the back of his head, pushing him closer to deepen the kiss. His hands found her waist as he pulled her over the center console and onto his lap. Seth lips left hers as he planted short, soft kisses down her neck, but lingering for his lips again, Josephine brought his chin back up to hers.