Chapter 11: Orange

It was Friday afternoon when Tom was working on the documents from work. All of a sudden, he gets a monitor call. The last thing he needed was Tord finding out he's working when he's supposed to be resting. Instead, it was Pat calling him for some reason. He decided to answer instead of having Tord finding out later on.

"Tom, are you working instead of resting? The Head Accountant told us that you're turning in your work from home." Tom looked at his laptop before looking back at Pat. He looked at Pat's face before saying anything.

"Noooooooo..." He lied. The last thing he needed was to be chewed out again for working.

"If you're going to lie, don't lie to me. You already told on yourself when you looked at your laptop. Plus," Tom's laptop started to act funny. Pat pulled out his tablet and looked at it while he was on the call with Tom. "I see that you have the paperwork opened on your laptop." Tom gave him a sour look.

"Dammit..."Tom whined. He knew the risk but, he didn't want to waste time being bored.

"Should I tell Red Leader you're working or are you going to rest liked he asked you too?" Tom put his head down in defeat. He saved and closed all his work, even though he didn't want to. The last thing he need was a knock at the door and him being taken to Tord's home.

"Now, I will not tell him that you were working from home but, you need to rest or at least do something light. I mean, what did you do before your coma?" Pat didn't notice that his cousin and boss was coming into his office.

"I already did all those things and I'm still bored! How do you spend your time then? I mean I could cook for a little..." He saw the frighten look on Pat's face.

"Anything but that!" Tord started to creep over to his cousin. He was curious about the monitor call.

"Is Tord in the room with you?" Tom noticed that someone else was there.

"Probably but, I hope he's not creeping up to me or else I'm going to hack his computer..." Pat didn't even look behind him when he said that. He heard a gulp in the background though.

"Hello cousin!" Tord jumped up. He remembers the last time Pat did that. It took him weeks to get orders on top of getting his online hentai collection back.

"How much of our conversation did you hear?" Pat's voice turned a little dark. He hated when people lie to him and even more so when people spied on or crept up to him.

"Well, I know that the person you're talking to is getting scolded because they're doing something they're not supposed to-"He looked over Pat's shoulder to see Tom. He could hear the groan from Tom's mouth.

"I'll find something else to do..." That's when Tord chimed in.

"I'll come pick you up later. I know what you need~."

"DISCUSS THAT IN YOUR OWN OFFICE!" Pat yelled.

"I wasn't thinking about that! It's a surprise." He cringed at his cousin's yelling.

"Fine...Pat, I promise no more working. I'll probably make some more cranes for Peace Day." Tom grumbled.

"How many do you have so far?" Pat was curious.

"One thousand five hundred. I guess I can make it an even two thousand. Even string them up." Tom smiled. Pat was shocked at the amount in such a short time.

"Please get some sleep or something before you put me in the hospital..." Pat groaned.

"I'll be coming to pick you up after work so make sure to get dressed. It's going to be fun and relaxing." Tord chirped.