Chapter 3: Green

As soon as they got back, Tom hopped out of the car and said his good byes quickly. He planned on making a nice meal for everyone for Christmas Eve. He started to get the list ready on top of doing some of the preparation early. Matt looked at Edd before asking if he wanted to have a cup of tea with him at his place. Instead, Edd counter offered with tea cakes as the deciding factor. They both walked over to Edd's place for a little while.

Despite Edd's bedroom being very messy, his house was kept clean and well maintained. Then again, Edd didn't let the house go to hell most of the time. He was a classy man who showed it with his pinkies.

He ushered Matt to sit on the brown couch close to the door. He petted Ringo who jumped onto the couch with Matt and laid in his lap. She missed him despite being with her guardian now. In a weird way, Matt and Tom were also her guardians.

After a few minutes, Edd came in with a carousel of tea cakes, treats, and a platter with the tea and tea accessories. He needed to substitute something other than cola once in a while. Why not a classy drink like tea? He picked out his favorite tea blend and brewed it for his guest.

Edd wanted to know more about how Tom and Matt have been lately. It has been a few months since he has been out of jail and it's crazy. Between Tom getting his visor to him nearly destroying a castle over a marriage, he didn't know much about his friends' new lifestyles. Especially with Tom now dating his sworn enemy and the world's ruler. Before he could ask, Matt chimed in.

"It's complicated, then again, those two are a complicated couple. It started under the house. They were faking their hate towards each other before it became real hate. Then Tom got sick and Tord took over the world. He found Tom because of me and took him the day after you was arrested. Tord made sure to visit Tom every day in the hospital while he was comatose." Matt took a sip of his tea. He hummed in satisfaction of the taste. It was a delicious tea that he would drink in India when he got the chance to travel.

"Then Tom woke up and Tord greeted him..." He remembered that he had to tell Edd that. The look on his face could break someone's heart. He wanted to be there for his friend but, it was difficult.

"They had a tense 'I hate you' relationship for a while until that night." He waited for Edd to ask.

"What night?" Edd looked at Matt with curiosity. He never knew the story behind why Tom was able to visit him or why those two got together. 

"Tord came over to my place asking if I had seen Tom. After the incident with Tammy, Tord went nuts on him and Tom retaliated with a gross prank. Everyone heard Tord yell Tom's full name and knew he fucked up royally. I told him I haven't and that is when Tord sat down on my couch, waiting for Tom. He knew that Tom would come because he did and was captured. I knew Tord was not going to go easy on Tom."

"The next day, Tom called me from Tord's phone. He hung up, only for Tord to call me and tell that he will drop Tom off later. I thought he was going to jail for that stunt. But, they both ended up walking together to Tom's house before I stopped them. They looked irritated at me. I was coming to scold Tom for the stunt he pulled.

While I was getting on his case, I noticed he had hickeys, bruises, visible cuts, bite marks, and smelled like he took a shower. Something told me by the look on his face that his punishment was way different than normal. I thought I saw some rope marks too. Then, they started to relax around each other more.

Soon they became close, I mean real close. They were no longer trying to kill each other and started to date secretly. I mean you was there when it happened. Then, the claiming happened..."

"Claiming?!" This made Edd worried about Tom. But, Matt stopped him.

"Tord and Tom are bonded now. That's why Tom was like that. He was worried about Tord being alone while he was away. It's sad really when the one you love leaves you at home. I thought Tom would get used to it by now..." He poured him and Edd another cup.

It was then that they noticed a sleek, black car pull up in Tom's driveway. A covered up figure got out of the car and walked towards Tom's home. Edd started to freak out when Matt calmed him down.

"It's just Tord visiting Tom. He drives his black Mustang when he comes to Tom's place. They'll probably Nexflix and Chill so don't worry."

"But what if it's not Tord?! What if it's someone who wants to take Tom out?!" They both looked at each other before darting to the window to see Tom pull the figure into the house. He slammed the door quickly as if he didn't want anyone else to know. Edd grabbed Matt's stuff and threw it at him.

"We're going over there!" He opened the door after getting dressed, leaving Matt to trail after him.

Matt tried to calm him down while Edd used the spare key to open the door. Instead of a struggle, he saw Tom wrapped around a lying Tord on the couch. He was purring while Tord scratched his head but, jolted up at the sound of his door being opened.

"Hello Edd! Hello Matt!" Tord cheerfully said. He was in a tank top with sweatpants while Tom was in a t-shirt and shorts. They were watching a classic movie on Nexflix that they both loved with popcorn in hand.

"See? I told you!" Matt growled.

He pulled Edd back to his home after he apologized. But, they didn't noticed the lustful looks the two on the couch was giving each other.

Matt would prefer to finish the tea party they had so he could talk to Edd about something important.