Chapter 28: Violet

One Year Later...

On the outskirts of the Red Kingdom, a medium sized extravagant building stands. It's decorated in red, white, blue, and purple. People from all over come into this building for a special day. Even then, the outside next to a dense forest is being set up for a special party.

In a small room, a thirty-two-year-old man is getting dressed. 

He stands in front of a body mirror, tying his father's favorite black ascot. It was given to him by his older sister.

"I know he's not here but, dad wanted you to have this." The sister says as she hands it to him. They both smile at each other before his sister leaves. 

 He tucks it into his royal blue silk vest as his pressed white shirt slides among his skin. He smooths down his slate gray pants and makes sure his black and white dress shoes are shiny. 

"I'll put on my vans as the party," Says the man as he put's on his patriarch's black coat on. 

He makes sure the jacket is looking brand new. He makes sure the metal pieces are shiny and the coat has no holes or tears in it. As he looks at himself in the mirrors, he hears Tomas telling him about the tradition around the coat. 

"I see you're going to wear the coat. Good idea for you to wear it today of all days. It's a tradition that all heirs wear this coat to their wedding for good luck. I wore it to my own wedding. It was heavy but, I felt right in it. I was lucky to be married to my soulmate." He says. 

"You never told me you were married. I have to ask, who did you marry? I have a vague feeling but, it's so foggy." Tomas chuckles at Tom's comment. 

"I'll tell you later, Tom. I don't want to jinx the wedding." Tomas looks down at him with a sad smile on his face.

Tom hears a knock at the door. He was hoping that it would be family or at least Tord. He tells them to come in while he ties the long hair he didn't cut off into a ponytail with his patriarch's black ribbon. Instead of the people he was expecting, it was Paul with a small box in his hand.

"Looking dapper, old chap." His accent came out a little. Tom smiles as he realizes this is will be one of his family members after the wedding.

"What's that in the box?" He looks at the purple box as he puts Pat's purple handkerchief in the coat pocket. He asked for it earlier since Pat had four of them. 

"Oh," Paul opens the box to reveal the broach he saw his old self-wear to their anniversary,  "Tord wants you to wear this somewhere on you."  Tom takes it and puts it on his ascot.

"Where is Tord? I haven't since him lately." Tom made sure his mohawk was slicked back. he adjusted his visor to see Paul better as he grabs his grandfather's pocket watch and gloves.

"He's mingling with the guests as they come in. He didn't want you to see his look yet." Paul smiles. Tom looks him up and down. 

Paul was well dressed in a tux with a caveat tie. His beard and eyebrows are well trimmed, and this hair had a slick back cut look to it. The one thing Tom notice is that he had pearly whites despite being a smoker. 

"I was hoping to see him after he's been gone for a week." He rubbed his small beard.

"Don't worry, he wanted you to be surprised. I was wondering who is going to walk you down the aisle or what your new last name is going to be." Paul wanted to keep Tom occupied as much as possible before the ceremony starts. 

"Well, I chose either Søtvier-Vulkan Or Ridgewood-Søtvier-Vulkan. It's bringing his two names together. Because of his family's bullshit, he doesn't want to use his other name. But, he allowed me to choose. So, why not bring them together. He remembers that day too.