Chapter 16: Cyan

Tom woke up in a strange room. He touched both his head and chest to feel bandages. He didn't want to admit but, he wanted to change that point in time when he got hit with the lamp post. It would make taking down Edd easier.

He also got angry because he was hurt and there was no one to help him. He tried to remember that day too.

-//-

"This smarts..." Tom looked at his knocked out past self. He was lucky that the guy was out cold. But, he was mad at Matt. He remembers why he crapped on Matt so much.

He looked around to see the aftermath. His past self out cold with an injury, future Edd running through a portal, past Edd running away to get help, future Matt hurt, and past Matt messing up the future. How was he going to explain this to Tord of all people? That's when he was starting to lose conscious himself.

He looked over to see a cyan portal open and a black pair of boots walking over to his direction.

"Well you did say have a Plan B ready..." That's when he looked up to see a cloaked figure. Those silvery gray eyes looking down at him.

"I'm so sorry Red Leader..." That's when his boss walked away to lift the lamp post off of the two Toms.

"Let's get you and Matt home, Tom. I have everything situated." He opened up a portal to his office. There, he picked up Matt first to hand to Paul. Then, he picked up a now unconscious Tom before walking into the time portal.

-//-

He realized he was at Tord's home.

"Morning." He looked over to see Annie by his bedside. By the looks of things, she had placed a cup of coffee on the nightstand. He took the cup and drank from it before making a face.

"He needs to get better coffee..." Annie snorted.

"Well you can tell him that in ten minutes. For now, get some rest and no work." He grabbed Annie's hand and put a list of clothes in it. She knew what he wanted and left.

He decided to go into the void. There, he met up with his monster buddy who was reading an old journal.

"Yo~!" Tomas looked down at Tom before closing the journal and flopping on to a bean bag chair.

"What's up?" He looked better than normal. But, something was off about him. Tom noticed the journal and put his hand out.

"Can I see that?" Tomas pointed to journal with a curious look on his face.

"Yes that. I never seen you read before. Why now and why that?" Tomas handed the book over with a deadpan expression.

"It's our family history. We were not born with the hell beast blood. It's actually a curse crafted by the "Vulkans". The founders and the patriarchs of both our families made a deal with each other. The Vulkan patriarch is actually a high ranking demon noble who granted our founder with power and a very long lifespan. Just one problem..."

"We got cursed?" Tomas shook his head.

"Well that and the fact that the two men became friends. This made the Matriarch banished the demon out of jealousy." Tom's eyes widen.

"How...?" Tomas pointed to the journal.

"A spell and some faith. Plus, she found out the demon's name to boot. By doing so, she activated the curse that turned her husband's eyes black and into a monster. He had to do things blind and cursed the woman to die faster. She ended up sick with in a month of him cursing her.