Chapter 25: Black

Warning: This chapter does have sensitive topics. You have been warned.

The 1980s

It was the one era in Tom's time traveling journey he couldn't get to. Every time he tried going there, something stopped him.

Or someone.

Tomas would find ways to stop Tom from going there. So, he had to be sneaky when it came to the era. It was the last era on the list of his family members who met with the Vulkans. The one thing he notice is that Tomas was carefully watching the device.

"Tomas, what went down in that era? You keep trying to stop me from going there. Was this your era?" He looked at the floating man.

"I..Just don't want you want to explore this era." He looked away.

"Wait...Your name isn't Tomas is it? It's the Spanish version of your real name." He didn't bother looking at Tom.

"What's my real name then?" Tomas mumbled.

"It's Thomas, Thomas Ridgewood XII to be exact." Tomas kept looking away.

"What happened in this era?" Tomas almost started to cry.

"It's a painful era." Tom did want to push it but, he needs to know why Tomas exist.

"Tomas..." Tom looks at the other man

 "Fine, I'll let you see what really happened." He allows Tom to warp them. Soon, they are in 1980s.

It's a nice, sunny day in what appears to be Norway. Tom looked at Tomas when they walk around the area. He remembers this being Oslo? But, it was different than it is now.

"I used to live in Norway when I was twenty. I had moved here on a backpack dutch run through  Europe. My friends gave me a ticket to travel around the continent with them before I landed in Norway." He hears laughter behind them. He turns to see a bunch of people with bags of groceries.

Tom notice that they look like his old friends he left behind for awhile. In the middle was a young version of Tomas talking Spanish to a woman who looked similar to Ezzy. Martha is quiet to his right. The two on the side of the group look like Edd and Matt. So, that begs the question.

Is there a version of Tord in this era?

"Yeah but, we called him..."

"Thunder!" The Edd character yells. Tom turns to see an interesting version of Tord.

He had fluffy cinnamon reddish brown hair that spiked up into curved horns, tan skin with freckles, and looked taller than Edd. His red, gold, orange, and silvery eyes looks at Tomas with a curious but, happy glance.

"Hei Tomas, hvordan går det? (Hey Tomas, how are you?)" Thunder smiles making Tomas blush a little.

"Jeg er gud, du?"(I'm good, you?) He says to this Thunder in his language. 

"That would explain who you were talking about." Tomas remained silent.

"Thunder..." The Spanish woman starts to scold him.

"Angie, it's fine, I need to learn the language if I want to live here." Tomas smiles.

"Angie?" Tom asks. Tomas looks at Tom and speaks.

"Angelica. She is Esmeralda's mother. She married Roberto and traveled around with us while her husband went on business trips. I met her and Marty with Eddie and Matty or Matty-o as some of us called him. I ended up learning various versions of Spanish from her while we were traveling." Tomas felt melancholy when he spoke of her. Tom knew it was bad.