•13•

I have to hurry up otherwise I'm going to be late for school!
Usually I'm badly off but today Stiles is giving me a ride since my car is still parked at school and it seems like he prefers to be over-punctual.

While slipping on some jeans, I can hear my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I take a glance on the display.

Stiles:
I'm here.

I really have to hurry up now!
I slip on the rest of my outfit, grab my phone and jog out of the door, grabbing my backpack on the way as well.

I open the door of the blue jeep and I'm immediately greeted with Stiles' grinning face.

"Hey. Thanks for picking me up." I say while climbing into the vehicle.

"It was nothing."
And with that the jeep sets off.

I'm not really that of a morning person so I usually remain quiet until my mind is fully awake. I stare out of the window, watching the buildings and persons we pass.

"Go for it! I can sense your stares on me so just ask what you're so desperate about." I say, my eyes not leaving the passing surroundings.

"Well, you never told us what's about that Hale-house-fire thing. And I just wanted to let you know that you can trust us. You're part of our pack. Besides, you helped me that one night spying on Theo, so.. so I want to help you too. No matter what it is."

I'm just back again since a few weeks or so but I really have a feeling like the McCall-pack can be trusted. Especially Stiles. Actually we get along pretty good, so I see no reason why I shouldn't tell him about the fire. He probably knows a bit about it since he was in touch with Derek and Peter and they were friends ... or kind of at least.
So I tell him.

I talk and talk and talk until we reach Beacon High.

By the look of his eyes I can definitely tell that he's taken aback.

"If Scott wants to know as well, what I assume, do me a favor and tell him yourself. I don't want to tell it all over again, alright? I still ... hurts."

"Of course. I meant it when I said you can trust me."

"Thanks. See ya later!" I say and strike off to AP Biology.

______

"If 99.9 percent of our DNA sequence is the same as other humans what could account for the missing 0.1 percent difference? Theo?" Mrs Finch asks.

He directs his look towards her before answering.
"Um, nucleotides."

"That's right. Yes, Kira?" she says after noticing that Kira put her hand up.

"Can there be more than one species in the same DNA?"

"No, but there can be multiple sets of DNA in the same individual. We call that a chimera. Anyone know where that term comes from?"

This time it's me who puts her hand up.

"Alessia?"

"Greek mythology. It's a lion with a goat coming out of its back and a tail that ends in the head of a snake."

"Good."

When I was a kid we had a numerous collection of books at home. Kind of like a small library. I used to spend hours with reading and was very interested in mythology. I loved reading. I still do but I just don't have that much time anymore like I used to.

I turn my head slightly to the side and catch Theo starring at me.
After what happened last night I rather avoid him to be honest. I have no clue what he is thinking about me hugging and kissing him. Just on the cheek but anyway. That's why I'm sitting on Lydia's seat instead of my usual seat right in front of him.

I expect him to break the eye contact first since I might have cought him off guard but no chance! He remains looking at me, a smirk present on his lips until I turn my head forward again.

Seems like I got really distracted by Theo because only now I realize the lesson has continued and Mrs Finch's attention is back on Scott. Is it just me or does anybody else think that she goes after him?

"Mostly yes." he answers with an expression of regret plastered on his face.

"Well, then thank you for another helpful transition in topic. Drop forms." Mrs Finch says while taking a pile of papers from her desk. With the stack in her hands she walks around in the class room, handing out the forms to any student she thinks should drop this class.
"The rest will be on my desk."

Everybody packs up his belongings. While doing that I watch Scott walking towards the teacher's desk. He looks onto the papers with a concentrated expression, before taking one and leaving the class.

I clasp my school supplies in my arms and catch up to Scott.
"Why did you take one?"
A confused look present on my face.

"Just in case. It's a lot of stress ... and I have the feeling that I just can't catch up anymore. I miss one homework after another."

"Scott, life's not easy. Supernatural included or not. I thought you want to be a vet, so don't surrender that easily."

I send him one last reassuring smile before we part company.