•18•

School actually went by pretty fast and after the ... well, lets call it incident with Theo, I succeeded to avoid him for the majority of the day.
Malia and I had arranged to meet after the last lesson about to go for a coffee. Strengthen the family bond, I guess.

After that, we came back to school and went to the library, not really being interested to join the others at Eichen. I have heard some stories of Eichen House before and believe me, I wouldn't be seen dead in a place like that. 

Malia is currently working on some lecture and I have started to read the copy of the novel Scott handed me. 

"Shit." I murmur to myself, already being aware of the upcoming company we will have to deal with. Just a few seconds after that, the third chair at our table, the one across from Malia, is pulled back and no other than Theo takes a seat.

I don't even bother look at him, knowing that a provocative smirk would be present on his face.

But as it stands, he's more interested in talking to Malia anyways. 

Last time I checked, he was the one kissing me a few hours ago and now he's ignoring me and kind of flirting with my cousin? 

Charming.

Just when I thought it is safe to look up again, I see not only Theo gazing at Malia, but she's gazing at him as well, which makes me regret my decision immediately. 

We were sitting in the library for another hour, before Malia starts to pack up her material.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

"Going home, that was enough cramming for one day."

"Need a ride?" Theo offered, including himself in our conversation.

"I can take the bus." She answers nonchalantly.

"Last one left another ago." He informs her while playing with the pen in his hands.

"Actually, my car's out-" 
I'm not able to finish my sentence, since Malia interrupts me. Excluding me from the previous talk.

"I'll walk."

"Haven't I seen you coming out of Driver's Ed?" Theo questions while leaning back in his chair.

"I hope not." 

While they continue their conversation, I get the idea that I should have been the one leaving, since my appearance seems to be only good for taking up space and nothing more with them both as company.

Theo whips out his keys and lets them dangle from his pointer.
"Sounds like you could, uh, still use some practice." 
Shortly after he finished his sentence, he throws the keys towards Malia, which she catches with ease.

They are walking together towards the stairs before Theo turns around once again. 

"Are you coming?" 

I turn my head towards their direction. 
"Why should I?" I question instead, cocking my eyebrows. "I'm not suicidal. No offence, Malia."

"None taken." Malia responds, holding up her arms in surrender.

"C'mon. Don't be a buzzkill." Theo says, while showing his pearly white teeth. 

I don't like Theo seeing me as such a fun killer and the truth is I am none. I'm just not fired up sitting with them in one car where's no escape to flee from their bill and coo.

Apparently it's more important to me to make a good impression on Theo - noticed that when I found myself being sympathetic to go with them.

So here I am - in the middle of the backseat of Theo's pickup.