•29•

Rain is pouring heavily on the roof of the jeep.

"I don't want to get out there." I state while we turn right, coming nearer towards the animal clinic.

"What, are you made out of sugar?" Stiles chuckles.

"Haha." I mimic his chuckle. "I have natural curls. Do you know how long it takes me every morning to straighten them?"

Just as Stiles wants to say something, I interrupt him.
"No? Well, that's what I thought."

The jeep takes another turn and we finally arrive the parking area in front of the clinic. Stiles brings his vehicle to a halt and hastily hops out of it.

Half-heartedly, I get out of the car as well. Immediately, my hair and clothes are soaked with water.

"Hey, sorry I had trouble starting the jeep again. That thing's barely hanging on." Stiles calls while we approach Scott. "I couldn't get in touch with Malia or Lydia, but I brought Alessia."

"Hey, Scott." I greet. My hands are over my head trying to shield my already wet hair from the rain pouring down on us.

Scott just stands there and looks at us doubtfully, though.

"Scott?"

Instead of a verbal answer, Scott pulls out a wrench from behind his back.

Before I can even see the blood splatters on the tool, the smell of Donovan's blood hits my nostrils first.

"Where did you get that?" Stiles stares at it wide-eyed.

"Is this yours?" Scott replies instead.

Stiles and I share a glance before he insecurely reaches out and grabs the wrench.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Scott directs at us.

"We were going to."

"No, but why didn't you tell me when it happened?"

"We couldn't." Stiles answers.

"You killed him? You killed Donovan?" Scott questions still in disbelief.

"Well, he was going to kill my dad." Stiles states seriously.

"And not just that, he was about to kill both of us. Stiles and I." I intervene.

I don't know what Scott expects from us. Besides, it was an accident and not like a murder on purpose.

"So were we supposed to just let him?" I continue, getting angrier per second. It's unfair how Scott treats us right now. He doesn't even give us a chance to explain ourselves.

"You weren't supposed to do this. None of us are."

"You think we had a choice?" Stiles raises his voice.

"There's always a choice."

"Yeah, well, I can't do what you do, Scott. I know you wouldn't have done it. You probably would've just figured something out, right?"

"I'd try." Scott admits.

"Yeah, because you're Scott McCall!" Stiles screams. "You're the true Alpha! Guess what? All of us can't be true Alphas! Some of us have to make mistakes! Some of us have to get our hands a little bloody sometimes."

"So you had to kill him?"

"He was going to kill my dad."

"But the way it happened." Scott replies. "There's a point when it's...it's not self-defense anymore."