•1•

I thought I would never come back to this place but here I am, sitting in my car and of course stuck in a long ass traffic jam, waiting to enter Beacon Hills

Just thinking about what happened in this town in the past makes my heart ache. I mean, if I didn't had managed to get out of the burning house, I would be just as dead as the main part of my family. My parents, my Aunt Talia, as well as my cousins Derek, Cora and the rest ... all of them died.

Or so I thought. A few months ago I met Derek, which was an absolute shock to me. Understandable, right? I would have expected anything but Derek, notabene being alive. He also told me that Cora and Uncle Peter survived as well, which I'm really glad about.

But back to the present. I don't feel very pleased thinking about these events. It's no use crying over spilled milk.

As usual to my luck, the first thing I'm greeted with near Beacon Hills is a storm - and a really bad one at that. I'm stuck in the traffic for TWO hours now. TWO. Even my butt hurts from all the sitting and I'm feeling exhausted as well. I just hope to reach Derek's loft soon. Fortunately, he allowed me to stay there since he moved out and it would stand empty for God knows how long. We both decided, me staying there would be the better option.

After twenty minutes I can't stand it anymore. I have to stretch my legs and get some fresh air. So that's exactly what I do. I open the car door and step out. Thank God it stopped raining or at least less. Being glad for some fresh oxygen in my lungs, I look around and notice that I'm not the only one standing on the street. There's a girl standing on the roof of her car with her phone in her hand, to which I react with a confused look out of instinct.

 There's a girl standing on the roof of her car with her phone in her hand, to which I react with a confused look out of instinct

I mean, c'mon.. Is that seriously necessary? I personally don't think that it makes any difference if you just stand on the ground instead of climbing to the top. My mum would have pulled me down instantly but I don't question it any further. Whatever floats her boat, I guess.

I advert my gaze from her and spot something or rather somebody, which makes sit in traffic a hundred times better. If all boys look like this in Beacon Hills, I will definitely have a good time.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, rather as distraction than checking it for any texts. Besides Derek, there's not really someone who would have reasons to text me. I look back at the boy and catch him also staring at me. I have to admit, he's really handsome and surprisingly he grins at me.

 I have to admit, he's really handsome and surprisingly he grins at me

"I don't get anything either.", he says to me whilst holding his phone a bit in the air.

Man, even his voice is attractive. I just grin back and get inside my car again. I guess this is the same situation like seeing some hot stranger on the street and you know you are never going to see him again.

Suddenly there's a loud noise and I move my head as good as I'm capable of to get a glimpse towards the direction where the noise is coming from. I can make out a boy on a motorcycle and the girl with japanese-looking roots runs up to him. They kiss in the rain, which is just too cute in my opinion. Definitely relationship goals. Then they drive away together and I'm still stuck in that pain in the ass of traffic jam.

If it wasn't for my car, I could shift into my wolf form. This ability is rare, but in my family more common. I think I'm the youngest of the Hales, who is able to do that but as I said before, you find this more often in the Hale's bloodline.

After thirty minutes the cars slowly move and can drive in a steady speed now till I reach the actual entrance of Beacon Hills. Just to get used to the vicinity again, I decide to drive a little longer through the town.

________________________________________________________________________________

This is my first chapter of 'Attraction' and I hope it catches your interest so far. :-) If it does, let me know what you think about it by leaving some comments or adding it to your library 😊

Too much GIFs? Let me know.

- Samy 🌸