•31•

Long time no see.
Or in this case, long time no update.
I am so so sorry that it took me so long for posting this chapter, but again, school made it really complicated for me to update regular. The school year is about to end soon, so there are lots of exams at the moment :( And since I'm in 12th grade I want to get good results, or as good as it can be for me. Even though you graduate in Germany after 13th class (it's voluntary but the best education you can get), I don't want to risk anything, you know?

Another aspect is that I kinda have some problems with my writing and how the further plots of Alessia should look like, so if you have any ideas PLEASE let me know, I'm desperate.

Sorry, for the long text but I felt like explaining myself :)

_____________________________________________

I'm awakened by the light of my bedside lamp next to my bed, illuminating the main part of my apartment.

Although my eyes still have to get adjusted to the light, I frantically kick back the blanket I was covered with in order to check the wound at my tummy, which was caused by Liam. I pull up my blood-stained shirt, expecting something worse but fortunately there is no wound to be seen. I let out a sigh of relief. Of course werewolves have the ability to heal faster compared to humans but never have I ever thought a wound that deep would heal just in a few hours. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining .. it's just .. impressive, I guess.

Remembering the recent occurred events, I can't help but see the young beta in a new light. That boy went totally nuts. And there I was thinking I have some anger control issues, but his action surpassed everything so far.

I roll out of my bed and get on my feet.

Immediately, dizziness hits me and black dots appear in my vision.

I slowly sit down on my bed again, taking a few deep breaths. Maybe I just turned out too fast, but after a few seconds my sight neutralizes again.

Hastily, I run over to my dresser and grab a black hoodie. Quickly I pull of the dirty shirt and strip the hoodie over my head.

Without any further consideration, I storm out of the building, the hospital being my destination.

On my way, my thoughts drift to Stiles' dad. I also remember the ultimatum Theo issued Stiles. He said that he either could help Scott or he could save his father's life, so of course Stiles' dad has to be in hospital.. At least I think so.

Arrived in front of the hospital's main entrance, I can immediately sense my best friend's scent and decide to follow it.

I don't really know what do expect. I just hope Stiles and his dad are okay.

But my hopes are destroyed as soon as I step out of the elevator and enter the ICU. My heart immediately missed a beat. Is Theo responsible for his situation? I mean, yes, of course he has to something with it, but could he really be so coldblooded and harm one of the persons I grew attached to?

Step by step, my worry increases.

I take a right turn and notice Scott standing in the hallway, peeking inside some patient's room.
Suddenly, a door is torn apart and Stiles heads angrily towards Scott. In only a matter of seconds, the alpha is dashed to the ground with Stiles on top of him. He struggles under his grip but Stiles is intent on not loosening it.

It took me a second before I could react, perplexed by witnessing such a scenario which I never thought of happening at all. I sprint towards them, calling out during the process.

"Boys!"

Once I have reached them, I grip Stiles by his shoulders, attempting to pull him back.
"Let him go, Stiles." I demand.

Instead of doing so, Stiles strikes his right elbow with enormous force into my stomach, not adverting his gaze from his best friend for once.

Not being prepared for such a blow, I stumble back in pain and hold onto my tummy, struggling to breath for a few seconds.

Before Stiles can land a strike at Scott as well, people come rushing towards us, Melissa included.

Two men have to hold the Sheriff's son back while Melissa helps Scott back to his feet before approaching me.

"You okay, darling?" she asks me with a worried expression.

"I'm okay." I mumble while recapturing to a normal pose.

To be honest, the pain subsided after 1 or 2 minutes but it's the fact that once again a friend of mine has hurt me for the second time this day. I think at that point, the mental pain is worse than the physical one. The one that I considered as my best friend, the one I grew so attached to has hit me.

"You trusted him, right? The both of you did. Now look where we are. It's your fault my dad has to lay in that bed, barely alive." Stiles spits out, addressing both Scott and I.

"Hey! Hold on! If it weren't for me, Scott would be probably in an even worse condition!" I hiss. The feeling of unfairness behind his words getting the better of me.

"Oh, please." He answers with a sarcastic chuckle. "What could you've possibly done? Don't you see how pathetic you are? Don't you think I know what's going on between you and that bastard Theo? I've already knew that Scott is easily to fool-" He says while casting a cold glance towards the alpha. "but you? You're even worse. A bit of sweet talk and you're pussy-whipped by him. And now look where it's gotten us."

With each of his words, the feeling of sadness increased inside of me and tears threat to show themselves. Is that what he sees in me? Obviously, it is. Although his words have hurt, it hurts even more to hear it from Stiles.

After his harsh words, all eyes are directed at me.

Looking into their faces, I'm greeted with the exact same expression.

Pure shock.

Even Stiles looks at me with the same mimic as the others.
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"Don't." I cut him off. "It's sobering to finally know what you think about me."

I try to hide my pained expression and secretly hope to succeed. Meanwhile, I slowly take some steps backwards. I just can't stay here any longer.

"But don't ever come back to me, asking me for help or whatever." I address the circle of people.

With these last words I turn around and leave familiar faces behind.

The thing is, I'm angry at myself for thinking that I found some good friends I could bank on. But I should have known better. From day one, I knew that I shouldn't trust anyone but myself and now look at me. Once again it's me who got hurt. Why do I even stay in this doomed city? Or rather, should I stay?

I got myself distracted, but that's not going to happen again.

I'm a lone wolf. And it's time for me to finally accept that.