•21•

"You don't have to say anything. Come in." He says while scooting to the living room about to grab a blanket before putting it around my shoulders.

_____________________

Theo walks beside me, his right hand grabbing my elbow and with the left holding onto my waist, supporting my body like I could collapse any second. The thought isn't so absurd at all.

We or rather I make some not too safe steps on my wobbly legs into the direction of the stairs, Theo still steadying my body for which I'm truly grateful for. Without him, I bet I would have already landed with my face first on the floor ... and not only once.

"Wait" I hold at the first step. "What about your parents?" I ask, my eyes still a bit puffy from crying.

"You have nothing to fear from them. I take care of that." He answers, pushing me slightly forward. Despite my stirred up state, I can't help but feel his body tense at the mention of them.

All the way up to his room, Theo hasn't loosened his grip around me.
I sit down on his bed and bury my head in my hands but shrink back in a matter of seconds, remembering the blood sticking on them. It's like everything that happened only a few ours ago is vanished in a black hole located in my mind.

"I can't remember a thing ... nothing."

I look up from my bloody hands and look into his eyes.
"What if I killed someone?" Just now, I realize the tears streaming down my cheeks.

Theo hands me some clothes of him, while answering me.
"Don't worry. It's deer blood. I can smell it", "- You should take a shower, you will feel better after it." He suggests after a pause.

I nod in agreement and follow him through the hall to the bathroom.
Arriving there, I thank Theo and get in, locking the door behind me.
I walk over to the sink and support myself with the palm of my hands on the counter and stare into the mirror.

I look beyond exhausted, putting it friendly. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. When I open them again, amber eyes stare back at me which causes me to let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

After letting the blanket slip to the bottom I step into the shower and enjoy the warm sensation on my skin. Before rubbing the blood off my face I rub my hands together, trying desperately to wash the rest of the persistent stain away.

I stay in the shower for another 30 minutes, just letting the water run over my head and I try to at least order my thoughts about the information I received from the memory, triggered by reading that damn book.

1. My dad is- was ... not my biological father.
But did he know? That's the question that bothers me since I've found out that damn secret.
2. If Talia knew about it, could that mean that somehow Derek knows about it too?
I guess I will have to figure that out soon.
3. What about him, does he want to meet me- Wait ... DOES HE EVEN KNOW THAT I EXIST??

Everything and especially my mind is just a big mess.

I step out of the shower, grab a towel and wrap it around my body before I step in front of the mirror once again. I let out a sigh but straighten my posture nonetheless. I'm dead beat, I have to pull myself together though. There are more important things at the moment, that are the Dread Doctors.

I slip on the clothes Theo gave to me and walk back into his room, a forced smile on my face when he looked at me.

I step closer to him, unwittingly looking at the desktop of his laptop he sits in front of. I can catch a glimpse of what is looking like a translation website but when Theo notices me looking at it, he quickly turns it off... Weird.

"Um, well... What time is it?" I ask, rubbing my hands nervously.

Theo grabs his phone and takes a look on its screen.
"2:30 a.m"

"WHAT" My voice now louder than I originally intended.
"Shit! I'm so sorry, I should go home now." I state while pointing my thump backwards at the door and simultaneously taking some steps backwards as well.

Before I can reach the door completely, Theo halts me by my shoulders and lets out a low chuckle.
"It's fine. You can stay overnight ... If you want to." He looks at me challenging.

Silently contemplating his offer I eventually give in.
"Okay." I answer with a soft voice but hesitate to step forward.

I approach the arm chair located in the corner of his room.
"I'm just gonna ... sit down there."
Facing away from Theo, I mouth some curse words. Why is it that I always act like I couldn't say boo? I really don't want to know what he thinks about me... Okay, this is not completely true but you know what I mean.

"Nonsense. You can take the bed."

"It's okay. Really. I have the ability to sleep wherever I am. It's kinda like the only talent I have." I admit with a chuckle, trying to signal him that I'm really okay with sitting in the arm chair.

"Enviable. But I would feel better if you took the bed. You look like you're in need of a good sleep more than I am. So please .." He points with both of his hands sideways to his bed, his gesticulation shows that his bed is all mine for tonight.

"We could share the bed."

It has took me a while to register that I was the one who has made the suggestion.

Theo's eyes light up with something I can't identify and additionally to that, the notorious smirk is dancing on his lips.

"It's just a suggestion. It doesn't bother me." I shrug it off, trying to act all cool when I walk to one side of Theo's bed.

Without responding, Theo lays down on the other side, the smirk still hasn't left his lips.

"Thanks by the way." I say quietly.

"What for?"

"Seems like I can always count on you. We don't know each other that long, so it's not taken for granted. I really appreciate it."
I really don't like to act like a softy and especially not in front of others.

'Never show any weaknesses. If information like that got to the wrong person, it could mean your death.' - I can literally hear Peter's voice in my head.
But after all these years of having no one to talk to, no one who understands me and no one who can comprehend my life, it's just nice to finally find someone -a whole bunch of people to be exactly, with whom I just can be myself.

"You're welcome." Theo answers.

I close my eyes, really tired of today's events. But suddenly a smell hits my nostrils and causes me to open my eyes rapidly again.
Is that ... regret?

__________________________

Sorry for such a long time without an update, but lately a lot of things were going on...
School's at the moment really stressful. I had to prepare one presentation after another and also had to learn for some exams. On top of that, I wasn't feeling very well so I decided to take a little break.

BUT, I really hope you like the new chapter and the story in general so far.