•35•

I step back after the kiss and tilt my head upwards in order to look into those pretty eyes in front of me. Theo is also stearing down at me, a crooked smile present on his lips. Even though I could get lost in those green eyes, I have to remind myself that there are still a lot of things to talk about. 

I clear my throat and try to put on a serious expression again since I'm assuming that I am smiling like a Cheshire cat right now. 

"There are still some aspects I want you to explain to me." I state.

Theo lets out a sigh while running his fingers through his hair before anwering. 
"I think you're the most stubborn person I know. You're a challenge, that's for sure."

I stare at Theo dumbfounded, afraid of what he is intending by saying that. Just as I want to ask if that is a good or a bad thing, Theo cracks a smile.
"Good thing I like challenges." 

Acting like I didn't just got a bit self-conscious, I straighten my back while brushing my hair back. 

"Well, lucky you. But here comes my first question nonetheless." I click my tongue. "Since you make common cause with the Dread Doctors, you probably know that they took my venom and blood." Thinking back to the traumatic happening, I cross my arms over my chest trying to prevent my flesh from crawling. 
"I wanna know why." I state sternly.

"Easy, they need it for their experiments or how did you think they transform teenagers into chimeras. How they transformed me into a chimera. Of course, we aren't formed out of nothing. We need a base. And since most of the teenagers were at least one half werewolf, their supplies ran out. That's were you came into play."

I process the information Theo just told me, but my main question remains unanswered.

"Okay, but still, why me?" I ask suspiciously.

Theo mimics my actions and also crosses his arms over his muscular chest. 
"You're the only born werewolf around here, which means you're blood is the purest they could get."

"And you're still working with them?" I question further, my lips in a straight line.

"No." Theo's serious expression is back by now. "I worked with them on condition that I get my own pack. Even though not everything happened as it was planned and I didn't get Scott's pack, I grant, I finally got my pack though." 

"I see." I advert my gaze from Theo, not wanting him to see my jealous expression I'm sure is present on my face right now. Him talking about his pack makes my thoughts in an instant drift back to Tracy and the fact the she will be around him 24/7. 

"Now it's time for you to answer my question." Theo says to my surprise. 

"Well, hit me." 

"What did you do in the library the other night? You shouldn't have been there."

"Scott needed help." I state like it goes without saying. 

"Yeah, so you stabbed me in the back." He says dryly.

"What are you talking about? I did not stab you in the back, I didn't even know what you intended on doing. And if I did, I would have talked you out of it. Obviously, it's just crazy to attack an alpha. Besides, you don't really want to judge me for helping my friends, right?"

Theo sighs. 
"I'm not judging you, just stating the obvious."

"They were my friends. What did you expect me doing?" I complain.

"Were your friends?"

"Well, I'm here right?" 

"So you choose me?" Theo questions, a mischievous smirk plastered on his face.

"Yeah." I say softly, smiling back. "And now let's go inside, I'm hungry." 

I open the door and take a step inside with Theo hot on my heels, just for him to bump into my back since I stopped in my tracks, staring at Tracy in front of me dumbfounded.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what she did the whole time. 

"Did you eavesdrop on us?" I yell at her, my nostrils flaring out of anger in the matter.

"Of course not, I just wanted to ask Theo something." The brat states smugly, looking as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. 

My fists are clenched beside my body and just as I want to approach her, desperately wanting to wipe that look out of her stupid face, Theo holds firm onto my arm, preventing me from going over to her.

"What did you wanna ask me?" 

Rolling my eyes, I preferably would have facepalmed myself if I didn't still ball my hands into fists. Or I should rather facepalm Theo. Hard. Maybe that would make his brain cells work again. I really can't believe he eats it up from her.

"Is she now part of the pack?" 

"Yes." Theo answers contemporaneously with me answering 'No'. 

Theo turns me around by my arm he still has a hold on and stares at me with narrowed eyes. 
"Of course you're a member of my pack." 

"Theo, I don't change packs like a pair of panties. Besides, I don't get along with authority very well if you didn't notice by now. And I doubt it would work in general, thinking of some members you already have in your pack." While saying the last part, I glance towards Tracy with a disgusted expression.

"We talk about that." Theo says sternly while shoving me softly towards the kitchen.

______________________

Do we have any beliebers here? 

If we do, what do you think about Justin and Hailey's engagement? 
Of course I want Justin to be happy because seeing him happy, makes me happy - I think by saying that I talk for all beliebers. 
No hate towards Hailey, but I personally have no great impression of her. I just find it a bit weird how Justin was with Selena a few months ago and Hailey & Shawn spend a lot of time with each other (I know it's said that they're just friends) and suddenly, Justin was back with Hailey and now their engaged. 

Love is a riddle, I guess.

Before I forget it, was someone of you at the Howling At The Moon convention?