•19•

The sun is shining through the large glass front by what the whole room is flooded with bright sunshine

The sun is shining through the large glass front by what the whole room is flooded with bright sunshine. I slowly open my eyes and let out a yawn. 

I honestly don't fancy the idea of going to school today, but I guess I'll have to do it. 

I stroll into the bathroom, taking a quick shower as usual and dress up. 

Before I leave my apartment I type a short message directed to Stiles.
We haven't really talked since the night Donovan died and I want to be there for him ... just in case there's anything he wants to talk about. But the actual reason I want to text him is because of what happened last night. I am referring to the near-car crash. 

Alessia:
How are u? Haven't had the chance to talk to u lately.
To get to the point: Last night happened something .. Malia -

Suddenly my phone starts to vibrate in my hands, which interrupts me typing the message and Derek's name pops up on the display. 

"Well, if it isn't my lovely cousin." I answer the call with a large grin on my face, making my way to the door.

"Good Morning, Alessia." He responds with a strict voice but I know him well enough to tell that a smile is dancing on his lips as well.

"So ... what's up? Why are you calling?"

"Just wanna check on you." Derek informs me.

"Yeah. But this is the second call this week." I state, putting the phone between my ear and shoulder while unlocking the door of my car.
"I'm sorry, Derek. But can I call you back? I'm kinda running a bit late for school." 

"Sure."

"Great. See ya!" 
I hang up and start the engine. 

Fortunately, I'm still on time and make my way to my first class for the day, AP English, in a fast pace.

Rounding the corner, two very familiar faces come my way.

"How else could it be?" I murmur under my breath. 

"Good Morning, Scott." I greet with a smile. "Theo." 
I make eye contact for a few seconds with him before I walk past them.

Suddenly I'm gently hold back by my elbow. 

"Alessia, we're meeting tonight at my house. Reading the novel. You're invited as well." Scott informs. 
Just looking into these innocent eyes of him I know that I can't decline his invitation. 

"Um, sure. I'll be there." 

Just as I'm about to enter the classroom, I'm hold back once again. 

"What is it now?" I exclaim frustrated but turn around nonetheless.

I squeeze my eyes nearly shut out of curiosity. Not knowing for what reason Theo is standing in front of me now.