Chapter 34 ~ Emily's Truth

Heya! Holy moly, it's been a longggggggg time. Sorry! :( Anyway, this is one of the songs I like from the Musical, a lot of them aren't that great though. I wish they didn't make it tbh (the musical). Here's the long-awaited chapter!

  *Edited*

  "Are you sure you really want to ask her about that?" Breanna asks for the third time.

  I stop eating my sandwich to glare at her. "Breanna. It will be fine. I want to do this. I need to know."

  "But what about your great-grandmother?"

  "Gran?" I clarify. "I mean, she doesn't necessarily like me but I'll be with my grandma and mom, it'll be fine."

  She makes an an uneasy face. "If you say so." 

  We continue eating our lunch in silence until I glance up and notice Asher walking towards our table. He can't sit here, can he? Why would he want to? I immediately look down at my food, hoping Asher won't sit here. 

  Luckily, he ends up walking past our table and to another full of his guy friends. 

  "And what was that all about?" Breanna asks suspiciously. 

  "Nothing.." Breanna doesn't know about Asher and I breaking up, apparently he didn't really want to tell her. Which is weird since they're twins and share nearly everything. I feel like if I tell her she wouldn't want to talk to me anymore, so I'm not going to. 

  "Are you guys in a fight or something?" She questions.

  I force a small smile and shrug. "Or something."

  * * * At Tea * * *

  "Can you believe Emily moved the tea to 1? She is truly trying to upset Gran." Mom says grinning as she pulls up in the driveway of the Gilmore Mansion. 

  I roll my eyes. "Or she's just trying to put off whatever it is she has to tell us." 

  "That too." 

  I've spent a long time thinking about what I want to say and what I want to know. First, I want to know what happened to her that made Gran so reluctant about me going to Yale. Also that red-haired girl people mentioned at the beginning of the school year. I have a feeling she is connected to that girl. After that, she can tell me anything she feels like she has to. 

  I am so caught up in my thoughts I almost don't notice the door open, or Mom ring the doorbell at all for that matter. 

  For once, it's Grandma who opens the door. "Ah, you're here. Come in." As we enter, with Mom barely suppressing a smile, I wonder how Grandma's feeling. She practically being forced to tell us what happened, just so I can go to Yale. And that's not even a guarantee. 

  "Hey Grandma." I say. "How are you?"

  She sighs as she closes the door. "Oh, you know." she replies, not really answering me. "The tea is all set at the table." She walks ahead of us to the dinning room, where Gran is sitting at the head of the table. 

  "Hello girls, good afternoon." she greets us. 

  The doorbell rings a second time, so I open it, revealing Rory. "What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be working on school work or something."

  "That can wait. I want to know what Grandma has to say."

  "We could've just told you." 

  "It's not the same as hearing it myself." she says, walking past me.