-nineteen-

-charlie-

I groaned when I heard my alarm clock go off.

I pressed the snooze button and rolled out of bed.

Today was Saturday, which was great, and I was going to the mall to hang out with McKenna.

I mostly just wanted to tell her what had happened with Alex and how I had my first kiss, she would mostky likely be just as exicted about it as I was.

I quickly showered and dressed.

I quickly looked at my phone and saw I had three new messages.

One was from McKenna that read;

"Meet me at the food court at 11 :)'

The next two were from James.

The first one read;

'Charlotte, Alex just texted me asking about you what do I do?'

I laughed and scrolled to the next one;

'CHARLIE IM NOT EVEN KIDDING HE SHOWED UP AT MY HOUSE EXPECTING YOU TO BE OVER,'

I texted him back;

"Tell him I'll talk to him on Tuesday xx"

I clicked send and turned my phone off.

I walked down stairs to see my mom and dad eating breakfast.

"Hey." I said smiling and filling a bowl with cereal.

"Morning Charlie." My dad said.

"Mom can I use one of the cars today?" I asked.

I had my license, just not a car.

"Not today. I have to work and you're dad is going out." My mom told me.

I groaned.

"Okay." I said turning around.

"Why don't you call James, ask him for a ride?" My dad said.

"Okay good idea." I said starting up my phone and walking back upstairs.

As I turned on my phone I had four messages.

All from James.

"Charlotte we should do something fun today."

"Let's go laser tagging!"

"No, no, you probably have a better idea on what to do."

"I'll be there in 15."

I laughed as how he didn't even bother asking if I was doing anything today.

I grabbed my bag and as soon as I walked outside James pulled up at the curb.

"James is here bye!" I yelled to my parents before opening the door and locking it behind me.

I opened the car door and got in.

"Hey." I said

"Hi." He said.

"Let's go on an adventure." He said with a smirk on his face.

"How about we go to the mall because I was suppose to meet someone there." I said smiling.

"Well, that'll be our adventure then." He said driving away from my house.

"How did you sleep?" He asked me.

"Fine." I said.

"Just fine?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well Charlotte that's the thing about sleep, there are different kinds of sleep, there are sleeps where you fall right to sleep like a baby, There's the one where your brain won't shut the hell up and it takes you a while to fall asleep and then there's the sleep that you have a crazy dream about pirates or some thing that you believe is real. But 'Fine' Charlotte does not narrow down your sleep enough for me." He said all in one breath.

I laughed at him.

"You're the only person I know who can talk about the most random things." I said smiling.

"But really Charlie, how did you sleep." He said.

I thought back to last night.

"Well my brain wouldn't 'shut the hell up' and I kept thinking about Alex and that kiss, but soon I fell asleep like a baby and I had a dream about meeting John Lennon." I said

"Charlie you make my life a hell of a lot more complicated." He said smiling.

"That's what I like about sleeping, not really sleeping but dreams, anything could happen, good or bad and it seems like its real. But when you wake up it's never real." He said.

"Dreams are my worst fear." I said.

"Why?"

"Because of what you said, anything can happen and it seems real." I said.

He smiled.

"Everybody's scared of something." I said.

"I'm scared of heights." He blurted out.

"Really?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Like you said Charlie, everyone's afraid of something."

-tbh I'm very afraid of dreams-

*anyways our school dance was really super fun but the DJ never played the beatles song I requested ;(*

~j.m

ps- CAN SOMEONE PLEASE VOTE I'VE HAD 69 LIKES FOR TOO LONG OMG