-forty eight-

-james-

TWO WEEKS LATER

I lifted Charlie's arms from around my waist and slipped out of the bed to make breakfast.

I started pouring cereal into a bowl when there was a knock on the door.

Confused, I walked over and opened the door to reveal Jake.

"Oh hey man." I said opening the door further so he could walk in.

"Hey, wow nice place you've got." He said glancing around the small apartment.

I nodded.

"It's so clean, I figured you living here there'd be two beers in the fridge and empty takeout containers everywhere." He said joking.

"Well about that-" I said just ask Charlie walked into the room.

"Hi Jake." She said smiling and rubbing her eyes.

He lifted his eyebrow at me and I glared at him.

"So what did you need?" I asked shrugging off the smug look he was giving me for living with Charlie.

"Well I'm having one last party, before everyone goes off to college and I wanted you two to come." He said.

I nodded.

"Sure sounds good when?" I asked.

"Tomorrow night, sorry about the short notice." I nodded.

"I don't think we're doing anything tomorrow." I said.

"Okay starts at seven." he said heading towards the door.

"Wait Jake why don't you stay and have breakfast with us?" Charlie asked.

"Sure uh okay." He said taking a seat at the table.

-

"James can you zipper this for me?" I heard Charlie yell from the bedroom.

I walked in and she was wearing a bright red dress.

"Wow.." I said eying the dress.

She smiled and turned her back towards me.

My fingers lingered on her back before grabbing ahold of the zipper and pulling it upwards.

I slowly moved my lips to her shoulders and kissed her.

"You look amazing." I whispered into her ear as she blushed.

She turned around on her toes and quickly kissed me.

"You ready to go?" I asked.

She nodded.

Once we drove up to the same old frat house I noticed Charlie getting tense.

"Hey, don't worry about anything okay? Alex isn't here anymore." I said.

She nodded.

"It's just, I feel like whenever we come here something bad happens." She said opening her car door.

I quickly followed behind her and grabbed her hand.