-forty-

-charlie-

I called Alex a few nights later.

I told him that we needed to talk about everything that was happening.

I called James before I went to Alex's house just to tell him that I was going.

I don't know why I called James, I felt like he needs to know. Or at the least deserved to know that I was seriously considering taking Alex back.

James didn't argue he just told me to call him if anything went wrong.

I just kept his reminder in the back of my head.

As I was driving I noticed how warmer the days were getting.

It was almost March and was usually never this warm outside in Denver.

I pulled up to Alex's driveway and I took a deep breath before I walked up to him door.

I slowly knocked on his door and a few minutes later it was opened by him.

"Hey Charlie." Alex said softly pulling me into him arms.

"Hi." I quietly mumbled.

He lead me upstairs to his room.

"I figured that we needed to talk." I said pulling away from his grasp and sitting down on his bed.

He nodded sitting across from me.

"You may want to know why I would ever do that to you. I did it because I had met Rachel at a bar a few nights before that one. I think she got the wrong idea. I'll admit it Charlie, I did it because I missed it. I missed sex and you weren't going to give it to me. It makes me just sick to believe I ever thought that way. I thought that's what a relationship was about, but you've made me think differently. I could never lay another hand on you ever again and I would still love you endlessly. You made me realize that Charlie and I'll thank you everyday for that." He said moving towards me and leaving a single kiss on my cheek.

I nodded.

"So you're okay with me not wanting to go that far yet?" I asked just for a clarification.

He nodded.

"I'll be right back." He said slowly getting up and leaving the room.

I watched as he left and I pulled out my phone.

I saw a girl run into the room frantically.

"You need to get out of here!" She yelled at me.

I watched as fear struck over this poor girls innocent eyes.

She had the same blue eyes as him so I'm assuming she was his sister.

"Why?" I asked standing up and walking towards her.

"He's going to do something bad-" She was cut off by the sound of footsteps.

I quickly texted James "help" and I looked as she was shoved out of the room by Alex.

I tried to run past him but he violently shoved me back onto the bed.

He held a cloth up to my face and I sunk into the bed unable the move or talk but completely aware of what was happening around me.

Alex sat on a chair in front of his bed and rubbed his face with his hands.

"You're probably looking for an explanation Charlotte." He said.

This was not Alex.

"You see around two and a half years ago me and my family took a vacation to New York City. My sister who you've just met, Emma, was only a freshman when she got involved with the wrong type of people. She snuck out of the hotel and took a bus to a party. Just a coincidence that James was at that party with my little sister. He took my sisters virginity that night." I watched as he sat down and put his head down in his lap.