-one-

-charlie-

What chord was that?

I placed the needle on the record one more time

G? Am?

I gave it up and hopped out of my closet.

My closet was my favorite place.

It was small but big enough to fit my record player and guitars in.

My favorite thing to do was sit in there and learn songs off my albums.

My mom thinks I'm insane for having a record player when I can just use CDs but they didn't have the same feel as vinyl.

I threw on a clean pair of jeans, converse, and my favorite Led Zeppelin shirt.

I walked into the bathroom and tried to straighten my brown mess of a hair.

I applied a thin line of eye liner and two coats of mascara.

I grabbed my bag and placed my books in it from last night.

I slung my guitar over my shoulders and yelled to my mom.

"I'm leaving mom bye."

"Bye hun." she said coming into the living room and hugging me goodbye.

It was my first day of senior year. I had already applied to NYU which is my dream school.

I should get a response soon.

I wanted to leave Denver and go to New York.

I wanted to become a musician.

As I rode my bike to school my mind began to wander.

I daydream a lot which is probably why last year I nearly failed chemistry and English.

I liked Math and Social Studies.

Math was always the same nothing could ever change but Social Studies changed on a day to day basis.

I liked variety.

Once I pulled up to school I parked my bike and lugged my guitar into the building.

I needed it for band and I wanted to play it at home as well as school so I took it with me everyday.

I saw my best friend, Mckenna, as I walked into the building.

She was a pretty nice girl. My only friend really. She was average height but it kind of sucks having a best friend who does everything better than you.

She was really very popular and I have no idea why she would want to be my friend.

She was also alot prettier than me and all the guys went for her.

Thats my life pretty much, most people are prettier than me, more talented than me, and thinner than me.

I'm mostly the outsider in everything

But that's how it is I guess.

"Hey Ken." I said smiling

"Hey Charlie." She said grabbing my binder from my hands which was slipping.

"Thanks." I said smiling.

"No problem." She smiled at me.

"You wanna hang out later?" I asked her

"No I can't, I've got softball practice." She said shrugging.

Did I mention she was head of the softball team?

"Oh okay, I've gotta get to class I'll see you later ken." I said walking in the other direction.

"Bye." I yelled to her

"See ya later." She called back.

I sat down in home room and just hoped that this day would go by fast so I can get home and learn that damn song.

|ahhh new story and i'm very super excited for this one so enjoy xx|

~j.m