-forty two-

-charlie-

"What's this about?" I asked sitting down expecting the worse from his time of voice.

"It's about James." He said.

I sighed sitting down.

"I know what you think of him dad. You think he's this scumbag who sleeps around with a bunch of girls but he's not, dad. He's recovered from that time in his life and he doesn't do that anymore. I love him dad and I know he loves me too. He'd do anything for me, you saw him! For gods sakes he got arrested for me dad! What more does he need to do to show you how much he cares about me!" I yelled.

"Charlie calm down." he said standing up.

"I'm just so frustrated that you don't like him." I mumbled.

"Charlie I do like him." He said

"You do?"

"I'm the one who paid his bail because I know how much you love him." He said looking at me and nodding.

I looked down and smiled.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Now why don't you go up and go to sleep, you've had a pretty long day." He said.

I shrugged and walked my way up to bed.

I quickly took my makeup off and got into bed.

I decided to read a little while.

Little while later I looked at the clock and it was four AM.

I decided to just go see James.

I grabbed the keys, I'd be home before morning.

I pulled up to this driveway to see that the light in his room was on.

I walked around to his window and lightly tapped on it.

A few seconds later he pulled the blinds up and opened the window.

"Can't sleep?" He whispered.

I shook my head.

"Come on in." He said grabbing me by my waist and lifting me inside.

"What were you reading?" I asked seeing an upside down book on his bed.

"Romeo and Juliet?" I asked picking up with book.

He shyly smiled.

"Yeah, ya' know it's my favorite book." he said smiling and sitting down.

I sat down next to him.

"Have you ever read it?" He asked.

"In freshman year I read it in English class." I said.

"Well let's read it again." He said smiling.

"Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Do with their death bury their parents' strife. The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love, And the continuance of their parents' rage, Which, but their children's end, nought could remove, Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage; The which if you with patient ears attend, What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend." He started to read.

Three hours, and a whole box of tissues later we had almost finished the book.

"Juliet: O comfortable friar! where is my lord? I do remember well where I should be, And there I am. Where is my Romeo?" James had looked down at me as I blew my nose into a tissue.