-twenty-

-charlie-

As James pulled into the mall parking lot he asked me "So who are we meeting here at the mall?"

"McKenna." I said.

"Not so sure I know her." He said.

I shrugged.

James only moved her over the summer, and even though McKenna was really popular, I'm not surprised he doesn't know him.

"She's my friend." I said as we got out of the car.

"What's she like?" He asked with a curious smile.

I laughed.

"Uh, her favourite colour is purple, she plays the flute, and she's brilliant." I said.

"We should get along." He said opening the door for me.

I smiled at him as we walked into the food court.

I took out my phone and texted Kenna.

"We're here."

"You wanna sit and wait for her here?" James asked me pulling out a chair and sitting down in it.

I nodded at him as I felt a vibrate in my pocket.

"Kenna:

We're?"

I laughed.

"I brought a friend."

"Kenna:

A boyfriend?"

"Just a friend Kenna meet you by Taco Bell."

"she's meeting us by Taco Bell." I told James grabbing my bag.

He nodded and followed me.

I saw Kenna run up to the two of us.

"Hey Charlie!" She said.

Her blonde hair was up tightly in a bun. She had a short skirt and a crop top on and like always her make up was perfect.

I looked down at what I was wearing.

I had my jean shorts on and converse. I literally always had a pair of converse on my feet. I had a Pink Floyd T-shirt on and my hair was left in its natural curls.

She always looked amazing, and we'll I was just me.

I watched as her eyes lit up as soon as she saw James.

"Who's this?" She said smiling and looking up at him.

"This is James." I said.

He smiled at her and shook her hand.

"Well let's grab a table." I said breaking the awkward science and stepped on the Taco Bell line.

James carefully placed his hand on my waist and I smiled up at him.

"What are you going to get?" He asked leaning down and whispering into my ear.

I shrugged.

Once we ordered our food we at down at a table and talked for a while.

"But Kenna there's something I need to tell you." I said looking up at James and smiling.

She looked at me then back at James.

"Are you like pregnant with his kid or something?" She asked.

He started laughing and I was coughing on my soda.

She smiled.

"No, no nothing like that but James took me to a party yesterday and it was Alex's party and we played spin the bottle and I kissed him!" I said all in one breath.

"Oh my god!" She got up and hugged me.

I smiled.

"Aw. My little Charlie got her first kiss." She said smiling and sitting down.

"Well yea and Tuesday they are having band practice and James is inviting me over so we can talk!" I said

"He is defiantly going to ask you out!" She said laughing.

Her phone started ringing and she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey mom what's-"

"Oh shit, okay I'll be right there." She said hanging up the phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Jack is too much for my mom to handle she needs help, sorry Charlie bye and it was nice meeting you James." She said running off.

"Who is Jack?" He asked.

"Jack is her little brother, he has autism and is a handful." I said shrugging and leaning into James' shoulder.

"What do you want to do?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Let's go." He said picking up his tray and grabbing my hand.

"Where?" I asked.

"Remember? I said we were going on an adventure Charlie, this is our adventure." He said smiling.

-I'm terribly sorry for not updating a lot of shit has happened in the past week and I haven't been in the mood to write, but I managed to squeeze out this chapter, hope you enjoyed-

~j.m

P.S the gif at the beginning was McKenna (: