5. This is goodbye (Update)

Thor noticed that I was never at dinner with him, and when he asked me why I just blame it on Odin. After all it's true... Somewhat, I mean, Odin doesn't seem to be happy having me around, and I don't want to be around him either. Thor had put a hand on my ahoulder and told ke it was fine if I wanted some alone time. I felt kind of bad for lying to him, but when I was about to say something about it, Frigga had appeared and ask mento join her on a walk. Of course we weren't going to take a walk, at least not together.

So, I ended up in front of his cell again, he slowly started opening up to me, and he seemed a little more comfortable around me and a little less mischevious, judt a little. Like if he didn't have to impress anybody.

- Fine then, I'll answer one question - he had said for the first time. He finally started to answer a few of my questions, like what his favorite book is... I know maybe I should have asked something else like: why did you attack the earth? Why was Thor here in the first place? But it seemed too soon for those kinds of conversations yet.

Anyway, I know which one is his favorite book now, he told me that it was in his room and that I could take it if I wanted. So in a morning, when everyone was asleep I sneaked into his room, the book was on the floor, close to the bed, just like he described it, brown leather like.

I took the book and admired the cover as I sat down on his bed, i opened it to see the illustrations as I lied on it, it seemed to be some sort of love story... Who would have thought that the King's of mischief's favorite book would be a fairytale. It made me smile and giggle. It was just too much of a contradiction that it made me feel so much joy. That, and how nice the bed smelled, the whole room smelled like cinnamon and oranges, quite unique but exquisite nonetheless.

Once I realized that I was in a strangers room enjoying the smell, i felt incredibly awkward and embarrassed so I left to go to my own room.

A couple days after that he asked me if the book was to my liking, of course it was in a language that i couldn't understand so i told him so and he laughed saying that maybe one day if he felt benevolent he would translate it for me.

- The last dinner - I said passing him the food.

- Are you tired of being my servant? You just have one job, you are really a delicate flower - After our little time together I came to understand that most of the time he was just teasing, not really trying to be mean. As I laughed at his remark i couldn't help but to look down at the floor in a bit of dissatisfaction, after all, I was not going to see him again.

He placed the food on the bed and when he realized I didn't answer and was lost in thought, he walked towarda where I was, standing close to the glass.

- I'm not your servant - I said waking up from my trance and crumbling the fabric of my dress in between my fingers - I'm going back to earth tomorrow morning - I said looking at his bed, somehow I didn't want to meet his gaze, perhaps my sadness was evident, and I couldn't for the life of me, making him notice that, it would be humiliating, right?? Right?! Oh I don't know anymore, maybe I was overthinking way too much. He cleared his throat which made me look at him almost without thinking.

- When are you coming back? - He asked me and I furrowed my brows, surprised by that question.

- Why, are you going to miss me? - I said laughing.

- Of course I will - he said with such confidence that i felt my brain malfunctioning.

-you... Will?- I asked trying to sound calm.

- Pet, you are the best that this place has - He said in that soft tone and I felt my heart rising. We were looking at each other's eyes, so close to one another - These people are brainless, you, you at least have something inside - he continued moving away a little. I rolled my eyes and smirked.

- For a second I thought you were being nice - I sighed. - God of mischief has done it again- I smiled at him.

- That was meant to be a compliment - He said in a serious tone and a little side smile at the end. For some reason that made me flushed, I looked at him trying to find something to say, I didn't understand anything anymore. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing was coming out.

Either way the moment was interrupted when one of his servants called on me from the stairs. "Good bye Loki", that's all I managed to say at the moment, he looked at me and saw me already smiling at him, he lowered his head, and inclined slightly his body, he seemed to be sad about it but when he went to his natural position again he smiled at me.

- Goodbye _(yn) -