16. Kissing the Hero

My dad was right, media loves me as much as they want to see me drowning, same with the government, they're always telling Barry to ask for my help to solve cases, but if they want to, they could put me in jail tomorrow.

I got sick of the party and the people in it, I took my car and drove until I was as far away from civilization as much as I could in New York, I parked in front of a tree, and started walking, I got lost in my thoughts. I know Loki, at least I think I know him, and I like him. But he's enemy number one for the Avengers. And probably he thinks mortals are worthy to be pets not friends, or something more.

I realized I was walking in the middle of nowhere, I saw four guys walking, I thought of asking for directions but I saw guns in their hands when they were meters away from me.

- What do we have here, pal - One of the guys said laughing - The famous Stark girl -

- How much you think his father would pay for the head - Another guy said.

I froze, this couldn't be happening again, not yet, I'm not ready to face this alone. I paralyzed, I wanted to scream, to run but I just stood there watching the guns pointing at me. They were laughing and talking but I didn't hear a thing, my head was spinning.

Suddenly they guys started choking, dropping their guns and then, they fell down.

- And you keep going out at night alone - I heard his voice, I closed my eyes and finally breath. I felt his hands touching my cheeks, I opened my eyes to look at him.

- Are you alright? Did they hurt you? - Loki asked and I shook my head.

- I'm fine - I whispered hugging him and we stood like that for a few minutes.

- Are you ready to go dear? - He asked, I looked at him and say yes. It felt like going into a lift but a thousand times faster, I put my hands on his arms and never stopped looking at him.

- You just saved me, again -

- Are you kissing the hero - He said in my ear sending shivers up my spine. I took a step backward.

- Good luck next time - I said crawling into my bed - And thanks -

He laid down looking at the ceiling.

- That wasn't there before - He said, I looked at him puzzled and he pointed the ceiling.

- Oh, it's a projection of a drawing. I did it on the laptop - I said turning to face him.

- You painted it on the machine? - and I nodded.

- Where's that place? - He said and we both looked at the ceiling.

- L.A., maybe we can go someday - I said and he looked at me. - Loki. You are a prince or king or god. I mean you- I closed my eyes and tried to sound less stupid. - Can you teach me how to defend myself, how to fight - I said it too fast that I don't know if he understood- Nat does a great job, but she's too soft with me -

- Of course, I can teach you. But my lessons aren't free, or easy - He said and I turned now facing my wardrobe door. I was starting to regret what I just asked.

- Yeah, sure - I said closing my eyes and fell asleep.