11. Popcorns (Update)

Today was one of those days where my dad will go on a mission, and I'd stay at home getting bored with my computer and list of homework.

Before leaving he said that Happy and John, my new bodyguard, will be taking care of me, as if I needed it, what's the point of taking self defense lessons if I still have to be surrounded by bodyguards. Right now Happy is in the living watching the tv and John is on the other side of my door, "just in case" he said, when I stood him he could go and relax with Happy.

I went back to my room, and decided it was time for some little studying session, I made a video call with my college friends, well, more like classmates than friends, either way, we were talking about the upcoming physics test when one of them said something about a party that some artist was having and how much she would loved to be invited to. I knew, as well as them, that with one call I could get us in... But what for, last time I was at a party with them, they left me and didn't even text me to let me know.

Worst thing, nobody knew about what happened at prom, I mean, except from my dad, pepper... And Loki. When my classmates asked me the next day, I simply told them I left because I was bored, they laughed at me cynical remark and they believed me blindily. They are not bad guys guys but they are not the type of people I'm looking for to invest my time anymore... I'm growing tired of always pretending to be what they want.

I got lost in my thoughts as my classmates kept talking about the party. But a particular voice made me come back to reality.

- Good evening (yn) - I heard coming from a part of my bedroom, I turned to search for the owner of the voice and I saw Loki, he was suddenly in my bedroom again walking slowly and confidently as if he owned the place.

I quickly closed my laptop and stood up.

- What are you doing here?! - I said surprised, as he continued walking.

- like you said to me before, I was bored - he smiled and I rolled my eyes.

- So, what? Am I your clown now? - I crossed my arms.

- Darling, I think you can be more than that, respect yourself a little -

- You know, if you're trying to steal something from here, or convince me to give you information about someone, is not going to happen - I said going back to my previous spot, opened my laptop again and glanced at him, he stopped walking and now was standing there with that pensive expression that made me somehow feel worried for him

- If I wished that - He said slowly and grinned- I wouldn't be here talking to you -

I didn't answer him for anything in return for a while, this man confused me in a whole other lever...Was that meant to be an insult or a compliment.

- Fine, and what you want then? - I sighed and left the compiter by my side. So much for my study session.

- Those books that you told me about. Where are they? - He said looking around my room, It was nothing special, at least not for a millionaire's daughter, except for the fact that the windows were almost two of the walls.

I stood up and went to the shelf under my tv and took one of my favorites science fiction books - We can start with this - He nodded, taking the book in his hands, our fingers touching just for a brief second, but it was enough to send electricity all around my body. I tried to pretend I didn't care at all and took my study guide.

He look around my room once again, I guess he was looking for a place to sit because he ended up sitting on my bed... without taking off his shoes, I ignored that annoying fact and went to sit as far as I could from him, it wasn't that hard since the bed was king size and he took one side of the bed. So I just sat on the other side and kept studying for a while.

I'm not gonna lie, this was hard... Not the physics problems, being so close to him, without a glass to keep us apart this just felt too different, scary. So after trying my best to focus on my book and failing a hundred times I decided to make myself something to eat. So I stood up from my spot, stretched a little, tried to ignore the god reading my favorite book in my bed and started walking towards the door. He looked at me curiously, leaving the book by his side.

- Where are you going? - he said in such a sweet voice that I swear it reminded me of a child when his mother is leaving.

- Stay here, there're people out there that-- Just stay here, okay - I said and opened the door in a way that it didn't show my bed. I smiled at John, he was a nice man, Rhodey's friend, and I went to the kitchen to make some popcorn. Okay, a lot of them.

When I got back I saw him laying on my bed playing with a porcelain cat I previously had in my night stand. I took a breath, searching for some confidence and went to sit on the other side of the bed.

- What's that?- he asked with a puzzled expression, I took a popcorn and ate it. I extended the bowl to him but he only looked at them with disgust.

- Come on, they taste nice, I promise - I got a handful popcorns into my mouth. "Alright", He said taking one of them carefully and tasting it.

His face, he looked like a puzzled cat while eating it.

- It has a weird texture - He said and I tried not to laugh, someone pickier than me, what a nightmare.

"You'll learn to love it" I sat more comfortably, he glanced at me and I ignored his stare by taking my laptop and going back to my investigation, I was trying to find a way to make some therapies less painful.

The rest of the evening was wonderful really, he kept reading the book I gave to him, ocassionally making a commentary, usually to mock himanity, other times he would laugh, and other he'd hum, I think he was enjoying the book.

The book, not his company, I mean his company wasn't so bad... Don't forget he tried to destroy your planet, I said to myself when I found myself glancing at him and feeling a strange tangly feeling.