Chapter Five

The hospital was silent for a few minutes as a man quietly walked inside. He looked around then asked if Optimus was there, claiming he was a good friend. The woman nodded and he kindly asked if she could give him a message. She agreed and he gave her a paper. When she left he found a place to stay out of view, but still see what was happening. He didn't wait long until the father came out in a rage looking for someone.

Predaking smiled darkly as he saw murder in the man's eyes. He waited for a moment then left the hospital undetected. He would turn the two men against each other and they would be the others undoing. He chuckled darkly as he went to find Megatron. If he could get the man's children away from him, he would be easier to control. He called Natasha and they discussed their plans.

~

Megatron shivered as he stayed curled up by the pond. He felt lost and didn't know what to do anymore. He felt he was losing himself. He slowly got up and shakily made his way back to the city. Once there he contacted some members of his mafia, as people were putting it, and borrowed a car. He went home and hugged his family tightly.

"What happened?" Beta asked as she walked over with Soundwave. He didn't respond and hugged his children closer. Soundwave glanced at his mother than at the man.

"Sir... I promise no one will ever find them up here. I've been protecting this place for a long time. Shockwave, and I are the only ones that know of this place." He said seriously. "I... suppose you could say I'm protecting my mother." He muttered and looked at her. She smiled the best she could despite the scars.

"I appreciate that." He said as he looked at him. "But does Heatwave know?" He asked quietly. Soundwaves expression became dark and he looked at the floor.

"No." He said seriously. "I can't trust him anymore. Especially after getting Shockwave arrested. I apologize for not thinking about him listening in. We were at the old house to grab a few things. We live there and all my.... brother... knows is mother went missing after dad was arrested by you." He admitted and clenched his fists tightly.

"I was going to tell him when we were there... but then he turned us in." He growled lowly. Beta frowned and gently gripped her sons shoulder.

"Heatwave isn't a bad person sweetie. You remember he protected you most of your life." She rasped. He shrugged her off and walked down the hall.

"Well he doesn't need to worry about me anymore. I'm no longer a child." He muttered bitterly and walked away. She sighed shakily and looked at the floor.

"In my eyes you are..." she whispered than looked at the family they were protecting. "Megatron... I fear my family is falling apart ever since... the accident..." she rasped.

"It wasn't an accident on his part and you know it." Megatron growled angrily. "He tried to kill you on purpose." He reminded her. She didn't respond and sat across from him.

"Promise me no matter what happens... you'll protect my boys." She begged. "All of them." She whispered. He stared at her then smiled a little.

"I promise." He said and looked at his children. "I promise..." he repeated.

~

Megatron snuck into the building in disguise. He shoved his hands in his pockets as guilt washed over him. He felt horrible but didn't feel there was anything he could do. He was simply a monster. The tormented man walked with the crowd and stared blankly at the still woman. Elita looked so peaceful.

He blinked back tears and looked over at Optimus who sat with his children as he held them. Megatron smiled sadly when he saw Bumblebee was alive. The small boy had bandages on his neck and was probably horribly scarred. But he was alive. The man's guilt slowly going away little by little. He hesitated and glanced at Ratchet before he walked over to Optimus. He stood there for a moment then crouched by the children.