Chapter Six

As time passed Megatron found himself losing it. The absence of his children and his desperation to get them back was driving him mad. He didn't even feel like himself anymore. He would have times when he felt reasonable and normal, yet others where he was a complete monster. He was ruthless and had a short temper with everything and everyone. He was only patient with Soundwave and occasionally Shockwave. They bought the tower and transformed it into their headquarters. As cover he made the first two floors an office building.

One day he was sitting in his office staring blankly at a letter. The ones who had kidnapped his children would send demands or make him do something. Like kill the chief of police. Soundwave had taken a vow of silence around everyone except him. No one knew why.

The mafia leader buried his face in his hands and sighed shakily. They still didn't know who the kidnappers were. It had been three years or more. He didn't know.

The young man looked at the leader and furrowed his brow. He locked the door to prevent intrusion and walked over to him. Megatron just stared at the letter then stood up. He walked to the window and stared out it as he rested his forehead against the glass.

"Where are they?" He rasped. "Where are my children?" He asked. Soundwave didn't respond and typed on his computer.

"Answer me dang it!" He shouted and banged his fist on the window as he faced the young man. "Where are my children?!" He yelled angrily. Soundwave didn't even flinch and looked at him. His expression was blank as he walked over and gave him a note.

"Optimus has come back to the city with his family." He said and the man yanked the note away as he glared.

"I don't care." He growled lowly and looked at the note then crumpled it then tossed it.

"That was the name of the man that stole your children." Soundwave muttered. Megatron stopped suddenly and grabbed the note then read it as his eyes narrowed.

"Predaking... the Predacons." He seethed angrily through gritted teeth and looked at him. "Where is he?" He growled.

"Running a scan." He muttered as he motioned to the computer. Megatron growled lowly and yelled as he punched the wall. He sighed forcefully and rubbed his face in irritation. A moment later the computer beeped and Soundwave grabbed his coat before heading to the door.

"Location verified." He said as he left the room. Megatron ran after him and they gathered some men together.

The band of men got in their cars and headed to the building Soundwave had found. Megatron and the communication specialist rode alone. The mafia leader loaded his gun and cocked it as he glanced at the young man driving.

"The element of surprise won't be likely with this group." The leader muttered bitterly.

"It will be. If we overwhelm them as quickly as possible." Soundwave corrected.

Megatron nodded slowly but didn't say anything. They pulled up to a building and surrounded it then quickly got out. It was a small warehouse and the men quickly guarded off each exit. Megatron gripped his gun and rested his forehead against the stone wall as he closed his eyes. He was trying to be calm. Soundwave looked at the father and set a hand on his shoulder.

"We'll find them." He whispered quietly and smiled a little so only he saw. The leader nodded slowly and his expression became dangerous before he kicked down the door. The mafia members ran inside and they heard them firing as a fight broke out.

"No!" Megatron yelled and Soundwave pulled him aside for cover. "My children! I can't-" Soundwave covered his mouth and shook his head. He looked around and sat back as he pulled out his phone.