Part 71

Inihatid ako ni Ethan sa bahay. As always kasama ko na naman siya na umakyat sa kwarto.

We were just fooling around. Trying to make up for the days that we were not together and trying to make the best out of the days that we have left.

When we got tired of playing, humiga kami ni Ethan sa kama. He was combing my hair with his finger tips and was just silent.

'How did your first time happen?'

Nagulat si Ethan sa tanong ko which came out of the blue.

'Woah. Where did that question come from?' Tanong niya.

'Nothing. I just wanna know how it happened.' Kunwari hindi big deal para sa akin.

'Are you sure you wanna know?'

'Yeah.' Maripid kong sagot. Hinihintay ang kwento ni Ethan.

Nagpakawala si Ethan ng malalalim na hininga bago magsimulang nagkwento.

'I was just about 16 when it happened. She's older. We both didn't know it's gonna happen until it happened.' Panimula niya.

'I am not a fond of girls and you know that but she's unlike any other girls I knew. She's one of the boys. We were drinking, having fun. It was supposed to be a night with my high school guy friends and someone who has a crush on her invited her to join. Since she's one of the boys no one seemed to care.'

'Sina Marcus na yan?' Tanong ko.

'Nope. Different friends but I don't see them anymore.' Sagot niya.

'Oh tapos?' I asked him to continue.

'Then until everyone's a bit tipsy, that guy who invited her started hitting on her. Started to be touchy and all. I noticed it but I do not want to interfere until she looked at me as if asking for help and so I did.'

Nagpakawala muna ulit si Ethan ng malalim na hinga bago nagpatuloy.

'I hid her inside one of the rooms at my friends house. She was crying and I tried to calm her down. When she did we started talking about random things without noticing that we were just sitting to close to one another and then there. With the alcohol and all it happened. After that day, we talked and agreed that it's not gonna happen again. That we will never talk about what happened anymore and we're okay with that.' Pagtatapos niya.

'Are you still friends with her?' Tanong ko.

'H-huh?'

'Sabi ko kung magkaibigan pa din kayo nung girl. Kung nagkikita pa din kayo?'

'Y-yes.' Matipid na sagot ni Ethan.

Nang hindi ako sumagot, hinawakan ni Ethan ang mukha ko at iniangat. Tiningnan niya ako. Trying to see if I'm okay.

'But you don't have to worry okay? Like I said. What happened between me and her ended that same night. It never happened again and will never happen again.'

'Did you like her?'

'What? Where are these questions coming from?' Napakunot ng noo si Ethan.

'What's wrong with the question? Past tense naman yun? Did you like her?' I don't know bakit kailangan ko yung itanong but I guess I want to hear na hindi but Ethan's answer is the total opposite of what I wanted to hear.

'Y-yes. Yes I did but she didn't like me.'

'Do you still like her?' I can't seem to stop myself from asking.

'Stop asking Maddie. This is why I do not want to tell you the story cause I know this is gonna happen.' Napabangon si Ethan.

'Why don't you just answer my question.' Napabangon na din ako at tumaas na din ang boses.