Part 57

I thought Ethan would walk out after seeing me and Tyrone but Ethan came rushing towards us and pushed Tyrone using his injured arm.

'Do you really not understand the words BACK OFF?' tanong ni Ethan kay Tyrone.

Hindi ko din naman malaman dito sa Tyrone kung bakit papatulan pa si Ethan. 'Who should I back off from? You're not even here until now.' Sagot nito at itinulak din si Ethan.

Ethan grabbed Tyrone's shirt 'this will be the last time that I am gonna say this. STAY AWAY FROM MY GIRLFRIEND.' Kitang kita ang panggigil sa mukha ni Ethan.

'Tss. Who are you to tell me what to do?' Natatawang sagot ni Tyrone. Nangaasar din talaga and he even winked at me despite of the death glare Ethan is giving him.

'Stop it you 2.' I pushed them both away from each other.

'Get in my car Maddie.' Ethan said while his eyes is still with Tyrone na hindi din naman nagpapatalo.

'No! You go in your car Ethan!' I shouted back at him.

Who is he to just barge in in here like that? Hindi sya magpapakita sa akin ng isang linggo tapos feeling entitled sya na may karapatan syang utus utusan ako?

'Ahhhh. So you are on his side?' tanong niya sa akin.

'I didn't say that. Get in your car now! We have a lot of talking to do!' Tiningnan ako ni Ethan and when he saw that I am damn serious about this he obliged.

'I am warning you for the last time Mata. Back Off.' He turned around and grabbed my hand as we walk towards his car.

'In. Now.' He commanded. He let go of my hand and opened the passenger side. I looked at him with narrowed eyes and I am just holding up everything that I have been asking in my mind for the past week that I was not able to see him.

As soon as he got on the driver's side, he looked at me furiously 'What was that about?'

'Oh no no no Ethan! Don't make this about me.' I am extremely furious right now.

'What are you even doing here?' Tanong ko sa kanya.

Ethan suddenly stopped and doesn't seem to know what to say.

'Laureen. Laureen forgot her powerbank at home and she asked me to come.'

Bahagya akong natawa sa sinabi ni Ethan. 'Oh c'mon Ethan! At that state? Look at you! You can't even seem to walk properly and she will ask you to go here. Don't make me stupid.'

'I'm not making you look stupid! What do you want me to say?!' Both me and Ethan have been raising our voices at each other. Hindi ko na napipigilan ang emosyon ko na pilit na pilit kong itinatago.

'I want you to tell me why you are here! After being gone for a week. How dare you come here and just barge in like that.' Yes I am mad. Who wouldn't?

'I already told you. I went here to ger Laureen her powerbank.' And he is still consistent with his excuse.

'Oh fuck off.' I attempted to open the door and just leave.

'Wait.' He grabbed my hand to stop me from leaving.

'Let go.' I flatly said.

'No.' He tried to pull me closer to him.

'I said let go.' Sinubukan kong magpumiglas sa pagkakahawak ni Ethan but his grio is too tight on  mine.

'No, Maddie. Please.' Ethan's voice suddenly changed from being controlling to just pleading.

'Well, you said you went here to bring Laureen something. I supposed you have already done that so your job here is done and so is mine. Let me go.' I forcefully pulled my hand away from Ethan's grip

Ethan looks as if he's about to blow up. He gripped his hair and said in frustration 'Okay! Fine! Fine! I came her for you.'

'Laureen sent me a photo saying Tyrone came. I sneaked out of the house immediately as soon as I got the chance to.' Paliwanag niya

'Para ano? Para masiguradong hindi ka magmumukhang tanga sa kanila dahil may kasama akong iba? Para hindi matapakan yang ego mo?' Tanong ko sa kanya.

Yun naman lagi diba? Para sa image niya. Kaya niya ginagawa lahat ng mga ginagawa niya para maniwala yung mga tao na may KAMI. Ikaw nga niya, it's all for the show.

'Do you really think I went all the way here, driving for 3 or maybe 4 hours with one functioning hand, going through all the rigmarole of sneaking out while I am bruised just to protect my fucking ego?! C'mon Maddie, is that really what you think of me?' Ethan sounded frustrated.

'Oh. Is it not? Isn't that what this is all about?'  tanong ko sa kanya.

'Of course not!' Ethan replied too quickly.

'Then what? Cause I swear to God Ethan. I really do not have a clue.' I don't know where this conversation is heading but I want to get it straight.

Right here.

Right now.

'Cause I like you! Okay? I'm falling for you! Can't you see that?' Ethan was screaming. His voice almost echoed in my ears.

Did I hear him right? Did he just say he like me?

'Woah! Way to tell someone you like them, huh.' I can't believe this is how I'm gonna get a confession out of him. Yung galit na galit pati mga ugat niya sa leeg at ulo.

Ethan's expression siddenly changed. It became softer. More sincere. 'I like you Maddie. I've been liking you for quite a while now and I don't know what to do about it.'

I suddenly became speechless. I want to tell him I like him too but no words are coming out of my mouth but he continues.

'I-I tried to fight it Maddie, believe me. I really did. Which is why I did not let you know that I got into an accident last Monday. I used the time I had in the hospital and at home to think things thru but when I saw Laureen's message I just knew, I wouldn't want you to be with anyone else. Just me. Just mine.' He reached out for my hand as he said those words.

'Whay accident? What happened?' Ibknow something happened looking at Ethan right now but what exactly happened is what I want to know.

'I bumped into a car Monday afternoon after I went to the mall to get you something. It's not that severe but I got the left side of my car damaged including my arm due to the impact. But hey, that's not important now is it? You are trying to change the subject.' Pagsita niya sa akin

'It still doesn't explain why Laureen is mad at me.' And yes, I am sticking with this topic until I have a response to what he was said. My head feels like it's gonna pop.

'Ahh that. Laureen thought that it was somehow your fault for the accident since  I only went there to get you something and she's mad that you didn't even turn up at the hospital or our house to check on me. I didn't say that I didn't tell you snd with that I am sorry. Again.' Paliwanag niya.

Now I understand why.

'Here.' Iniabot niya sa akin ang isang puting paper bag.

'This was what I bought from the mall back then.' Sabi niya. He grabbed the box inside and handed it to me.

As I open the box Ethan spoke 'I want to give you this to say thank you. Thank you for keeping up with me and my family. Seeing you with them makes my heart melt. It just feels sooo domestic.' he smiled at nothingness while he said this.

'This bracelet, I want you to fill it up with memories of you. I only have a few days left with you Maddie and when this is all done, I still want to be part of the  special moments in your life even just thru this bracelet.' He grabbed my left hand and clasped the bracelet in there.

'I know you warned me before to never fall in love with you and I want to say sorry Maddie. Sorry cause that seems to be something I cannot stop myself to do.'

Then he hold my face with both of his hands. More gentle than the last time. He slowly moved his face closer. His eyes looking straight into mine as if asking for permission. I looked down at his lips and I hope he gets the hint of my approval and as if on cue, he placed his lips on mine.

Hot. Passionate. Kissing me like his life depends on it and I let him.