F O R T Y - F O U R : S Y M P T O M S

"Patrick was fine last night, and he died over night," Lee muttered. "Two people died that quick? We'll have to separate everyone that's been exposed."

"That's everyone in that cellblock," I mutter. "All of us, maybe more."

"We know that this sickness can be lethal," Hershel said. "We don't know how easily it spreads. Is anyone else showing symptoms that we know of?"

"We can't just wait and see, there's children," I sigh. "We need medicine."

"It isn't just the illness, if people die they become a threat," Lee nods.

"We need a place for them to go," I sigh. "They can't stay in D."

"We can use Cellblock A?" Lee suggests.

"Death row?" Glenn asks. "I'm not sure if that's much of an upgrade."

"It's clean, that's an upgrade," Daryl mutters.

"And it's safe," I add.

"Think that'll work for Doctor S and ye?" Daryl looks at me.

I nod.

"I'll help Caleb get it set up," Hershel volunteers.

We then hear a woman coughing in the hallway and we stand, walking towards the noise.

We spot Tyreese escorting Karen down the hall, most likely to his cell, which isn't a good thing. It's in C, where everyone is.

"You okay? You don't sound too good," I say, as we stuff into the hall.

"I'm just taking her to my cell," Tyreese says. "So, she can rest."

"I don't think that's a good idea," Hershel shakes his head.

"Why? What's going on now?" Karen asks with confusion across her face.

The group falls silent, how do we tell her that she could die because of this sickness?

"We think it's a flu or something," Glenn says. "That's how Patrick died."

"Judith was in that cellblock," Hershel says, walking towards them. "She's vulnerable."

"Anyone that may be sick, or even exposed," I speak up. "Should stay away."

"It killed Patrick?" Karen looks at me with shock.

"She's going to be okay," Tyreese shakes his head. "Now that we know what Patrick died from, we can treat it right?"

"Don't panic, we're going to figure this out," Hershel reassures them. "But we should keep you separated in the meantime. We'll have Caleb take a look at you, Clem and I will see what we have in the way of medications."

"David, from the Decatur group," Karen says. "He's been coughing too."

"I'll get him," I volunteer but Daryl yanks me back.

"No," Glenn looks at me. "There's some empty clean cells in the tombs, right?" He asks as he walks away and I roll my eyes at Daryl.

"Yeah, we'll meet you there," Sasha answers.

"Come on, let's get you guys settled in," Sasha then leads the couple away.

"I'll go help them," Lee tells me and he soon follows behind them.

"We'll have to call for another council meeting later," Hershel looks at me and Daryl.

"I'll get to burying the dead ones," Daryl nods.