Chapter 8

What is this???? A POV change????? WHAAAAATTTT??? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS???? Lol 

Regan

I listen to Harrison and Nicholas bicker over the radio station. We've just finished our patrols for the day, which thankfully were uneventful. Alpha was gone to see Alpha Caleb's Luna give birth so we're looking over the place while he was gone.

Ryan, Alpha's brother, had needed to shut down the school anyway after a chaotic event broke out after school the night before Alpha left. A fight had broken out between two pairs of mates and they had practically destroyed one of the classrooms along with a couple tables and lights in the cafeteria. There was blood, fur, hair, and glass everywhere. While they did take proper action after the fight by apologizing to both of the Alphas from the packs involved, there was no way we could open to school until everything was cleaned and repaired. I know one of the boys involved since he is staying with us because his mate is in our territory. The fight was trivial and purely instinctive plus all of the people involved apologized therefore there were no hard feelings between the two packs.

I watch the trees as we drive to the only grocery store in Redwood. I was sitting in the back of Harrison's truck since I lost rock-paper-scissors to Nicholas. I notice the argument is starting to get a bit out of hand and decide it's time for them to talk about something else before it gets to heated.

"Hey Harrison, did your Dad get anything new on Carmine?" I ask.

Harrison sighs and looks at me in the rear view mirror before answering, "Nothing major. We finally think we've got a list of school's he's been in but it's missing a couple semesters so we don't think it's complete. His medical records don't come up either and all we know is that he's up to date with his shots. Dad thinks he may have gotten the address to the last place Carmine lived, but again, he's not sure."

"Personally I'm still in shock that someone new moved here, much less someone our age," Nicholas says.

"Me too," I agree. This was the first time in years that someone our age has moved here. Our pack runs Redwood and keeps tabs on who comes and goes. Almost everyone living here knows about us being werewolves. Nicholas's Mom runs all the real estate in the area and everyone runs orders through the pack before any final decisions are made. It's almost always been like this and it works in everyone's favor. So imagine our surprise when Jennifer, the secretary at our only high school, tells us someone we don't know was registering at our school out of the blue.

It was so incredibly sudden that we didn't even have a chance to do a background check on him. One day he just walks into school asking for transfer papers, then he fills them out right there at the desk. He came in the next day to school and brought the rest of the information Jen needed for him to transfer. Then just like that he's in our classes that morning, only a little more than twenty-four hours after we learn of his existence. We go to school normally one day and the next we suddenly have a new student. Everyone wanted to know who the heck this kid was to suddenly appear in our lives without warning.

One of the packs close friends Kaylie owns a cafe downtown, she had told us all about this phone interview with someone out of town who was interesting in a job. Apparently she liked the young man since he was extremely polite and had previous job experience with high ratings. She liked him so much in fact she had actually invited him to come for a trial run, but most of us didn't expect him to show since many people from out of town had done the same thing then never showed.

When Carmine had first come to school everyone was in a frenzy trying to figure out anything they could about him. Alpha had asked us to make him feel welcomed and to see if we could get anything from him. He was placed in all our classes so we could keep an eye on him throughout the day.